Which shampoo

(10 Posts)
sneepy Thu 02-Jun-16 12:58:34

Do you use on your DC? I've got 2 issues: 1) I'm very sensitive to a lot of shampoos, esp highly fragranced ones. So although I wouldn't be using it myself, it would irritate my hands (and likely irritate DC as well). 2) DD1 is just staring to get greasy hair. DD2, on the other hand, has dry hair. Everything I've tried has either left dd1 looking like an oil slick or dd2 like straw. They both have long hair too.

I don't want to spend a fortune but willing to pay more than supermarket prices for something that works. I don't really like Lush products.

Any suggestions?

the garnier ultimate blends do one for sensitive scalps and it isn't highly fragranced, it doesnt have parabens either which i find a plus point. it also has a matching conditioner. i use it myself as i can be sensitive and it is fine for my long hair that has greasy roots and dry ends.

Indecisivejo Thu 02-Jun-16 13:58:40

That garnier one irritated me! I use child's farm on my son it's from boots and hasn't irritated his very sensitive skin or my hands which are prone to eczema.

Indecisivejo Thu 02-Jun-16 13:59:41

Meant to say they do a hair & body wash so only need one product for it all or they do seperate "flavour" shampoos and a conditioner and also a detangling spray all reasonably priced

seoulsurvivor Thu 02-Jun-16 14:03:21

I just started using Avalon Organics tea tree shampoo which has been great for my sensitive scalp.The main ingredient (as in higher content than water even) is aloe vera, maybe that's why. Someone commented today that my hair looked great.

sneepy Thu 02-Jun-16 14:09:14

Thanks for the suggestions! Forgot to say, we have far too much hair for combined shampoo & body wash. DD2 would need the whole bottle for one go.

Once I had a sample of Moroccan oil. God, their hair was so swishy after a dose of that. If I could afford it for an 8 & 10 yo...

Cakescakescakes Thu 02-Jun-16 14:12:22

Aveeno do a shampoo which might suit.

mumsnit Thu 02-Jun-16 19:01:54

Body Shop Rainforest shampoo might be worth a try? No nasties and the one for oily hair has been great for my son's greasy hair!

sneepy Thu 02-Jun-16 19:38:53

Thank you all! I have ordered the aveeno one to try.

MrsT2007 Thu 02-Jun-16 22:28:19

Moogoo shampoo and conditioner is fab

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now