Anyone tried the Rimmel Lash tinting mascara?

(15 Posts)
hormental Thu 02-Jun-16 09:04:11

If so, whats the verdict?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 02-Jun-16 11:55:55

This is on my list!

CaroleService Thu 02-Jun-16 11:58:14

One of the bloggers tried the Maybelline one - said no good

www.foreveramber.co.uk/maybelline-volume-colourist-mascara-review

CaroleService Thu 02-Jun-16 11:58:43

Oops, sorry - it was the Rimmel one

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 02-Jun-16 12:03:43

That review really made me chucklegrin

Shame it doesn't work though!

FatAmy Thu 02-Jun-16 14:02:58

I tried it but didn't like it, it made my lashes quite clumpy and I didn't see a difference in the colour of my lashes.

DiscordiaVanDiemen Thu 02-Jun-16 14:54:26

I've tried it. It did make my lashes a tiny bit darker, but nothing dramatic. It isn't very easy to remove either, and once it smudged or flaked under one of my eyes which is something I've never experienced before from any mascara.
So, not very impressed.

Plumpysoft Thu 02-Jun-16 22:54:11

It doesn't work! Gutted

hugoagogo Fri 03-Jun-16 08:55:05

It made me look like a panda, I'm used to wearing brown waterproof mascara and this was really thick, BLACK, flakey and heavy, I could feel it weighing my lashes down.
I gave up before it tinted my lashes at all. Total waste of money.

hormental Fri 03-Jun-16 19:22:19

Aw damn. Thought it would work

Liiinooo Fri 03-Jun-16 20:04:11

A dissenting voice here. I love it. I find it goes on well, excellent separation and length. Great volume, no flaking or smudging and doing a good job of tinting my pale lash ends. It is black enough that if I work it into the roots I don't need eyeliner. It is my new favourite ahead of Charlotte Tilsbury, Mac, Bobbi Brown.

I do find it hard to remove but no worse than the others.

FrustratedFrugal Fri 03-Jun-16 20:07:02

Have had it for a couple of months (bought it without knowing it's supposed to be lash tinting), no changes here but it is not a bad mascara.

imjessie Sat 04-Jun-16 13:36:59

Yes ... It's rubbish ! Great idea though !!

jillyarmeen16 Sat 04-Jun-16 14:01:59

I like it. Not sure about the tinting effect as my lashes are black anyway but I like how it goes on and seems to hold my lashes up even after a long day in a hot kitchen. I clumps and good separation and length

hollyisalovelyname Sat 04-Jun-16 14:15:23

It's not a bad mascara. A bit clumpy. I haven't persisted long enough to see the dyeing benefits.
M&S do an Italian brand of make up. Diego del Palma or something and it too has a 'semi permanent' mascara. I bought it about 2 years ago but again didn't continue use to test it's dye ability.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now