Shoes for Achilles Tendinitis

(8 Posts)
BinRaidingRaccoon Thu 02-Jun-16 08:47:35

I've recently developed this after a failed attempt at running....cheers, Couch to 5K. Everything hurts to walk in. Can anyone recommend any nice shoes? I'm late 30s, usually wear dresses or skirts. I'm quite lazy about shaving my legs though, so could probably do with some for jeans/trousers....I'm slightly fat at the moment, so keen to avoid anything that adds to possible frumpiness....
Thanks n advance.

IJustLostTheGame Thu 02-Jun-16 10:52:32

Recovering from a torn achilles tendon here, my consultant told me to wear DMs. They support your foot and ankle.

NoahVale Thu 02-Jun-16 10:54:20

i got some quite expensive insoles, which make a difference.
i think otherwise a heel is to be suggested.

mimiasovitch Thu 02-Jun-16 10:57:21

I've suffered with this on and off for years now. For me the most important thing is to have a slight heel. Flat shoes don't help at all, as the tendon is in a very stretched position. I wear pretty much any type of shoe, as long as there's a hero, though I do like some cushioning. Have you been seen by a podiatrist to assess your gait? If you pronate at all you may need insoles. And to the exercises everyday without fail. It makes a massive difference.

mimiasovitch Thu 02-Jun-16 10:58:13

Heel, not hero, though I'd quite like one if those too.

BinRaidingRaccoon Thu 02-Jun-16 11:10:47

I'd like a hero too! And a new foot! I've got some frumpy (but heeled) Footgloves from when I was pregnant. Abundantly cushioned. DMs tempting, for the pleasing reminder of my 90s teenage years....

BestIsWest Thu 02-Jun-16 11:14:07

I've had this for bloody years. Definitely not flats although I do wear them if there's some cushioning. I had podiatric insoles though I don't like wearing them.

I was recommended MBT style shoes. I didn't like them myself but I've heard others say they work.

I live in trainers with a fairly thick sole and a bit of a rise towards the heel and lots of cushioning.

For work I wear lowish heeled boots.

LineyReborn Thu 02-Jun-16 11:16:20

I have pinched my DD's low heeled ankle boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now