I'm planning on using Pixi glow tonic.

(6 Posts)
Colourfulpast1975 Mon 30-May-16 23:04:30

I also need to get a cleanser before using this tonic. I have tried to buy the Pixi mud cleanser but it's out of stock everywhere. What similar product can I buy waiting for the real deal ? I'm a complete newbie in term of beauty regime. I'm late 30s and have adult acne..we are talking nasty angry hormonal spots on chin. I have enough and I want to do something about it !! Thank you !!

Colourfulpast1975 Tue 31-May-16 07:45:30

Bump

N0tfinished Tue 31-May-16 08:00:05

these would be similar. I'm not sure that the pixi glow would really solve all your problems. You would do better with salycilic acid for acne. Cleansing is most important IMHO. The current rage is double cleansing. Step 1 is an oil or balm cleanser and step 2 a cream cleanser. No foaming cleansers as they tend to be too harsh. The French pharmacy brands are generally pretty reliable... La Roche Posay, Vichy etc

Colourfulpast1975 Tue 31-May-16 08:22:52

What is the best cleanser proned to acne then ? I'm overwhelmed by the choice ! I'm also going to use liquid gold ! Thank you for your help !

botemp Tue 31-May-16 09:35:23

I can understand the excitement of finally getting to grips with a proper skincare routine OP but you appear to be running before you can walk. Acids like liquid gold and Pixi glow tonic should be incorporated when your basic routine is working well for you. Skincare is a long haul game that needs to be built up by experience so you understand your skin's specific needs, there's more to it than simply being oily, dry skinned, etc. There isn't one incredible product out there per issue, it's highly individual and temperamental (diet, general health, climate, and season play into it too).

Start with cleansing, then add a moisturiser, spf, in that order with a few weeks apart so you know that it's all working for you. Once that is stable and working without irritation then start using one acid toner 1-2x a week building up to every (other) day dependant on need. On average it takes 6 weeks to know something is working for you and cease using anything that causes breakouts, there is an exception for acids as this can cause you to purge temporarily but do not continue to use if it persists beyond that. As PP mentioned if you have adult acne a salycilic acid (BHA) that works deeper might be more effective than an AHA like Pixi or LG that works more on a surface level.

Chrisinthemorning Tue 31-May-16 09:38:49

I have been using La Roche Posay Effaclar for my hormonal chin acne and it's brilliant. Also often on 342 in boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now