Hair Mask - to leave in overnight?

(6 Posts)
Youvegottobekidding Mon 30-May-16 21:22:17

So my hair is quite, well actually very dry because i colour it quite a lot! It doesn't look horrendous, it's soft & shiny, but close up you can tell it's abused. I blow dry it but don't straighten it a lot. I'm intending to get a trim, just don't know when!

Anyway, seeing as there's no school run and no work in the morning, I was thinking of grabbing the opportunity to use a hair mask I have & slather it on tonight - I seem to recall a hairdresser mentioning something about leaving a 'good' conditioner or hair treatment overnight to nourish my hair. Do I wash it out in the morning or simply rinse - I kind of think I'd wash it as my roots might be a bit over conditioned from all the conditioner & I'd be left with lank hair?

Would this actually make a difference or is leaving it on the the shower as I normally do for 3 minutes doing the same job?!!!

EatShitDerek Mon 30-May-16 21:24:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EatShitDerek Mon 30-May-16 21:25:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LegoCaltrops Mon 30-May-16 21:25:57

Make sure it's not protein based - overexposure can cause the hair to become very brittle.

itsbetterthanabox Mon 30-May-16 21:29:52

Leaving a hair mask on for about at hour will give you all the needed deep conditioning. 3 mins Isn't long enough to do much. Overnight would be good but it stops absorbing after a while, won't do harm through.
You can apply a hair mask to damp or dry hair. Leave on and then shampoo out then normal conditioner

Bluebell66 Mon 30-May-16 21:29:53

Phillip Kingsley's Elasticizer is the best I think, makes a huge difference, even leaving it on for about half an hour to an hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now