Skirt and top for a wedding guest?

(14 Posts)
MrsJamin Mon 30-May-16 21:06:59

Is it 'dressy' enough? It's for a big family wedding. If you had something like this, what kind of top would be nice enough to wear with it? I'm 5'3" so think this may be the way to go, separates with a high waist band? Please help, I"m hopeless dressing myself and I'm a bit intimidated by how well dressed all the other (mostly younger) women will be. I'm 38.

Celticlassie Mon 30-May-16 21:10:18

I think it's nice. Would be lovely with a coloured camisole - maybe coral? You'd have to avoid black in the rest of the outfit, I think.

foodiefil Mon 30-May-16 21:13:32

Lovely skirt - I'd go for a colourful top and strappy sandals. Is a hat appropriate? A dramatic side hat (not fascinator) would be fab. Clutch bag. M&S have little plain black ones for like a tenner.

Don't be intimidated. Everyone feels nervous about how they look at a wedding! Especially the younger ones. With age comes confidence xxx

Have a fab time wine

BuntyBlue Mon 30-May-16 21:18:21

Gorgeous skirt, maybe something like this with a nude bag and shoes top

MrsJamin Mon 30-May-16 21:19:30

Ah thanks. I think I might just get it. I have red shoes! Stupidly I got them first and so the rest of the outfit needs to be somewhat muted otherwise I'll look a bit trashy! I was thinking... navy blue skirt (like the link), light grey top, perhaps some lace over cotton style (no idea where from) and the red shoes... does that work? I guess you need to have some lovely accessories as well. I'm going to three weddings (all with different people going, thankfully) so I want to get it right!

BuntyBlue Mon 30-May-16 21:20:17

or this

BuntyBlue Mon 30-May-16 21:21:37

Oh I didn't realise it was navy, I thought it was black. I love red and navy.

ElodieS Mon 30-May-16 21:22:40

Lovely skirt! Definitely wedding appropriate, especially with a bright or nude camisole. smile

MrsJamin Mon 30-May-16 21:23:42

I linked to the black one, the navy one is £9 I've just realised!

MrsJamin Mon 30-May-16 21:26:57

Oasis have some lovely tops, thanks for the links Buntyblue.

BuntyBlue Mon 30-May-16 21:33:57

This would look good tucked in with red shoes stripy

confuugled1 Mon 30-May-16 22:03:05

Sainsburys have a nice navy and white smart cotton broiderie anglaise top which would look good...

tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Blue-Striped-Schiffli-T-shirt/129161606-Blue?searchTerm=:relevance&searchProduct=

foodiefil Mon 30-May-16 22:22:12

When I thought you meant black and red I was like 'ooh Minnie Mouse' but navy and red is lovely - with a grey top too. Definitely chic

shadesofwinter Tue 31-May-16 08:35:58

I love a silk camisole with skirts like that. A white/cream/ivory one would look beautiful with the red shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now