My heel wearing days are over. What to wear if I need a bit of oomph?

(16 Posts)
SlinkyVagabond Mon 30-May-16 19:11:54

Usually wear flats or boots with low heels. I decided to go for a last hoorah with a pair of block heeled sandals. Wore them out for dinner last night, had to go back to the car bare foot with fetching blisters on my toes.
So what now? There are times when flats won't do? (I'm short with size four feet)

Laska5772 Mon 30-May-16 19:34:16

Are these Oxygen sandals too clumpy for you? I have these in red ( and have just ordered the blue) They look like heels but are actually almost flats! dead comfy ..I wear mine with skirts and trousers , get lots of people saying they like them ( even my heel loving DH does) .. There are other styles on their website also ..

BeauGlacons Mon 30-May-16 19:35:50

I love the oxygen sandals.

BeauGlacons Mon 30-May-16 19:36:09

I love the oxygen sandals.

Libitina Mon 30-May-16 19:46:37

Nope, those sandals are fine for daytime, but not dressy enough for evening. It's the cork soles.

A similar small wedge, with a small platform style shoe would be great though.

nooddsocksforme Mon 30-May-16 20:38:20

www.jonesbootmaker.com/ladies/sandals/jones-bootmaker-heeled-shoes-sandals-leisure-sandal-2601238123 these are very comfy. wore them to work today cos cant bear having sore feet at work

BeauGlacons Mon 30-May-16 20:49:18

They are ok too.

FedupNagging Mon 30-May-16 20:53:58

Have a look at Fly London. Dsis recently bought these in scarlet and they look really nice.

These in red are really lovely too.

BikeRunSki Mon 30-May-16 20:58:11

White Stuff often do nice platform wedges, similar style in sandals, shoes and ankle boots depending on season. They are the only heels I can wear (history of bad ankle sprains).

PurpleRibbons Mon 30-May-16 21:00:50

I love the Oxygen sandals too, I struggle to find comfy sandals as heels hurt my feet but flats hurt my knees! They would solve both problems I think!

SlinkyVagabond Mon 30-May-16 23:06:21

Wedges are out, even in my days of 4 inch stilettos wedges bolloxed my feet. And I've got thankles so they look like trotters. But I do like the oxygen ones, but not with evening attire. (Ha, as if!)
Maybe they ere just too high. Dd is over the moon though as she's inherited them.

bojorojo Tue 31-May-16 00:26:15

Just go for a mid heeled court shoe. They slim your ankles. Zara have some good ones at the moment or Russell and Bromley - the pink ones with the sparkly heels and bows! Frumpy wedges - just no!

doozie90 Tue 31-May-16 06:48:46

You probably only got blisters because it was your first time of wearing them. Try them a couple more times and they'll fit better and the blisters will go.

N0tfinished Tue 31-May-16 07:43:30

How about fancy flats? I saw these IRL and they look quite smart. Toe is nicely pointed. Not as orthopaedic looking as the photo. I bought these ones and I'm very pleased. Structured and well made but very comfy. Have had tons of compliments.

SlinkyVagabond Tue 31-May-16 07:48:24

No. IT felt like my feet were being broken, I've also got high insteps so the pressure on the top of my foot was awful.

mrsvilliers Tue 31-May-16 08:38:33

OP am also short with small feet and high insteps. I found going a bit lower helps, along with making sure that there is some kind of support e.g. lace up cage sandals, court shoes, some kind of strap over the front of the foot etc. and also 'training up' for the event. (Currently 'training' for a wedding so went to supermarket and farm shop in heels at the weekend. DH was on hand for the dc...) Failing that I have a pair of Jigsaw Cara boots which I am embracing with dresses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now