Surfy clothing brands like Saltrock

(24 Posts)
googietheegg Mon 30-May-16 13:20:35

I'm trying to find more casual surfer style clothes as I've decided it suits me and my lifestyle. I'm a size 14, work from home, mum of two, 30s...
I like floral dresses, boots, denim skirts, hoodies, that sort of thing. I know I may sound too old for that look but I think it suits me and any Boden type stuff I've bought just sits in my wardrobe, winking at me as a waste of money.
I've done the relaxed skinnies plus converse plus breton to death and, while I still love it, I want to find some surfy brands to get some new stuff.
I love Saltrock but there isn't that much choice. What other brands are like this? It used to be White Stuff but I think that's gone a bit smart/Boden. I quite like Fat Face but my mum wears it! I want more of the British Cornish type look but I don't know what to search for!
Anyone else like this style? Where do you shop?

ThunderboltKid Mon 30-May-16 13:30:59

Have a look at surfdome.com...they have a huge range of brands

GooodMythicalMorning Mon 30-May-16 13:33:24

I love Saltrock stuff. Online seems to have different stuff than in store.

sleepwhenidie Mon 30-May-16 13:37:29

As pp said, surfdome is great. You can get some lovely things by Billabong and Roxy - personally I prefer the ones without the big logos, which you might have to search harder for but are good quality, flattering and often great colours.

More expensive, but I also love California 'beach' brands like Sundry and James Perse, look out for bargains on Asos, Revolve and the Outnet.

FauxFox Mon 30-May-16 13:41:17

Animal
Quiksilver
Roxy
Rip Curl
Billabong
And try TK Maxx for other random less 'big' brands too.

LunaLoveg00d Mon 30-May-16 13:41:49

Sea salt?

traviata Mon 30-May-16 15:02:41

mantaray
Seasalt

cressetmama Mon 30-May-16 15:07:54

Roo's Beach is new and very cool in Newquay and I think they are selling on line too now.

googietheegg Tue 31-May-16 09:41:26

Thanks all - I'll have a look at Roo's Beach. I looked at Seasalt and I like it but it's more like Boden than Saltrock I think? Saltrock doesn't seem to have much stuff online though - are the shops bigger?

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Tue 31-May-16 09:43:18

Another vote for surfdome

Jemmima Tue 31-May-16 09:56:49

White Stuff
Mantaray
Joe Browns
Mud Rock

Jemmima Tue 31-May-16 09:59:35

Sorry should be Mudd and Water

Jemmima Tue 31-May-16 10:09:37

And much more expensive but Celtic clothing formerly Celtic Sheepskin do some lovely things. They are based in Cornwall

bojorojo Tue 31-May-16 10:17:50

Seasalt are worth a look. White Stuff too?

bojorojo Tue 31-May-16 10:18:49

Sorry, just read you did have a look at Seasalt!

Jemmima Tue 31-May-16 10:24:22

Adding Animal to my previous list
White Stuff
Mantaray
Joe Browns
Mudd and Water
Celtic Clothing
Animal
smile

Jemmima Tue 31-May-16 10:26:55

Far Face

ThornyBird Tue 31-May-16 10:30:27

Ann's Cottage own (I think) Animal but carry lots of ranges, might be worth a look on their website?

Acornantics Tue 31-May-16 10:33:19

Have a look online at Finisterre (Cornwall) and Howies (Wales).

Jemmima Tue 31-May-16 10:36:31

Also I don't think your age should be a barrier to wearing what you like, it's how you wear it that's important.

Abbinob Tue 31-May-16 13:27:23

I don't think 30s is too old for surfery type clothes at all, in fact, isn't that the most likely age to wear it? Other than actual surfers of course I only really see 30s+ wearing that sort of fat face type stuff

DianaT1969 Tue 31-May-16 19:51:09

Brakeburn

Sadik Tue 31-May-16 21:55:56

I'd second Finisterre. The clothes aren't cheap, but anything I've bought from them I've worn and worn - I've got a longline hoodie dress that I love & that is perfect for Welsh seaside summers. They have a relatively small range at any given time, & only seem to offer one or two colours of anything, but change their offerings quite frequently.
(Be aware that their clothes do come up quite small, so you might want to check the measurements they give & potentially go up a size when ordering.)

BikeRunSki Tue 31-May-16 22:07:41

Howles
Mistral
Braintree

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now