What would you wear with this?

(12 Posts)
Littleallovertheshop Mon 30-May-16 00:03:13

http://www.marksandspencer.eu/Colour-Block-Jumpsuit/P22443905,en_AT,pd.html?dwvar_P22443905_color=F4&start=

In UK - not sure how I ended up on euro m and s! It's for a hen night then a wedding potentially (different bride!). I'm thinking gold (nice) court shoes, a cream/gold clutch and a big statement gold necklace or navy necklace - short though. Navy fascinator for wedding, navy or coral blazer.

Any other ideas? Im thinking natural make up with bold coral lipstick or red depending on blazer. Not good at this!

Gardenbirds123 Mon 30-May-16 00:14:50

It's quite "worky" in the photo so defo need to jazz it up with accessories for the wedding in particular. Are the trousers blue?

Littleallovertheshop Mon 30-May-16 11:51:35

Yep, navy rather than black. I could ditch it for the wedding and just wear a dress - it's just this is more slimming than the dress I've got grin

Littleallovertheshop Mon 30-May-16 22:01:27

Bump bump please help...

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 30-May-16 22:18:07

I would add more colour for the wedding, some bright coloured heels and a chunky necklace incorporating the same colour, bright pink or electric blue?

Or wear your hair up and try some chandelier earrings and lots of thin bagels?

Like the idea of a coral blazer, I wonder if a navy blazer would look a bit executive. Gold accessories sound like they would work.

Hope you enjoy it.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 30-May-16 22:19:21

Sorry, bangles not bagels! That would look odd.

Gardenbirds123 Mon 30-May-16 23:01:40

Do you already own some options? Depends how much want to spend
I would be tempted to make it more party by wearing with a non work material / print eg a silk blazer or if why not even a lovely big silk wrap if it's a summer wedding. Then you could go for a really fun colourful print. I think big hair, up or down some big but classic earrings and either courts or maybe some summer wedges with a bit if colour if don't want to go to matchy matchy with coral jacket bag shoes etc

Littleallovertheshop Mon 30-May-16 23:01:41

I must be old fashioned - I'd never dream of a jumpsuit for work smile bangles or big earrings are a great idea, I'll get looking!

Gardenbirds123 Mon 30-May-16 23:09:38

Conservative but still defo wedding rather than work www.theoutnet.com/en-GB/product/Karl-Lagerfeld/Rena-sequined-jersey-jacket/698974

Gardenbirds123 Mon 30-May-16 23:14:07

www.google.co.uk/search?q=coral+silk+jacket&client=safari&hl=en&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwixivry6ILNAhUKOsAKHVibBf4Q_AUICSgC&biw=320&bih=460#imgrc=NxA8vHgkZBsWkM%3A

bojorojo Tue 31-May-16 00:18:19

I have this jumpsuit too. I think it is just fine for a wedding, but it needs a decent hat - not a skimpy naf fascinator. Look for a classy pillbox style if you can pull your hair back (look at Hostie Hats for inspiration) or a large saucer on a headband. Navy with a cream trim would be great. I intend to wear a cream silk blazer with mine which I already own. Also definitely obvious jewellery. A gold large link necklace and drop earrings would be excellent but try not to make the necklace too busy if the hat is the star of the show.

Littleallovertheshop Wed 01-Jun-16 20:45:34

Ooooh will check the hats out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now