Coconut oil?

(12 Posts)
FatPatricia Sun 29-May-16 22:22:52

I am a recent convert to coconut oil for everything but am just wondering whether any of you lovely people have any innovative or quirky other uses for the stuff that I may not have thought of! grin

WonderingAround Sun 29-May-16 22:24:32

Oil pulling to whiten teeth.

JuxtapositionRecords Mon 30-May-16 06:46:35

Deep hair conditioning

hollieberrie Mon 30-May-16 07:53:50

I use it to hot cloth cleanse.

elizadolittlechoc Mon 30-May-16 14:18:02

I posted a year or so on here about 'pulling'. Overall consensus was it's a myth. Confirmed by my dentist. However I love it use it as a pampering body moisture treatment.

branofthemist Mon 30-May-16 14:22:29

We use it on all sorts.

Hair, cuts, scrapes (after they have been cleaned) chapped skin, face cleanser (cleared dds blackheads up in about a week), for shaving, for after shaving, in coffee and porridge.

We were in Greece last week and I slapped it on us before bed and none of us got bitten. Mum and dad didn't and they did get bitten.

SpiceLinerandHoneyLove Mon 30-May-16 17:10:53

Increasing your water intake will whiten your teeth more effectively than oil pulling.

dementedma Mon 30-May-16 21:36:59

Works wonders on dry feet. Slap it on before getting into bed.

EatShitDerek Mon 30-May-16 21:37:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BonitaFangita Mon 30-May-16 21:45:29

I find it's too rich for to use as a primer but it's great as a cleanser, especially for eye make up.
It's anti fungal and anti bacterial too so it will clear skin irritations like spots and inflamation. I use it on the nape of my neck as I get a rash if I leave my hair wet and this clears it up beautifully.
Never used it on my feet, thanks for the tip Ma

FatPatricia Tue 31-May-16 12:44:47

Thank you all some awesome ideas, will have to look more into the teeth whitening one, do some research smile

nikole1708 Tue 31-May-16 13:04:34

Coconut oil works wonders for stretch marks and acne. Make sure you buy an organic virgin coconut oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now