Cleansing regime experts this way, please!

(9 Posts)
EquinoxBloom Sun 29-May-16 19:33:54

I have posted on the blackhead thread in the last 24 hours and have ordered the Nip and Fab glycolic pads for day and night, plus plus some Retinol serum with hyaluronic acid and Dead Sea mud mask

I don't want to spend all that without overhauling my general cleansing regime too, which hasn't changed since j was 16 (am now the wrong side of 40). I have generally clear skin, few wrinkles yet. My skin gets a bit dry in the winter but generally is fairly robust and withstands most stuff I put on it.

I cleanse morning and night with Clean and Clear face wash (been using it over 20 years), then moisturise with Nivea day and night cream. I wear a full face of make up every day which I wash off, using a cleansing wipe to get the last remnants off before I moisturise.

I really am aiming to clear my pores properly, finally get rid of my clogged pores around my nose and generally continue to stave off aging and crepiness....

Please could someone much more experienced than me comment on my routine and recommend me some decent products? They need to be either easily available or available online as I live remotely. I feel like I need to move with the times and admit I don't have teenage skin any more...

Thanks

Nettletheelf Sun 29-May-16 21:42:18

Cleansing balm was a revelation to me. I've tried a few but Emma Hardie is the best, I think. I follow up a balm/hot cloth cleanse with a gentle face wash, then acid toner a few nights a week, serum and night cream. Skin has never looked better.

EquinoxBloom Sun 29-May-16 21:57:59

Thanks for replying!

How do you use the balm? What's the routine?

GeneandFred Mon 30-May-16 06:13:10

Cleansing Balm for me too. I've tried loads of different ones and the one I always come back to is The Body Shop camomile one. I adore it. I use it as my 2nd cleanse to skin my skin. First I remove make up with Micellar water and then rub the balm into dry skin in circular motions and remove with a flannel soaked in hot water and wrung out. It gets rid of excess make up and throughly cleans my skin. Then follow with eye cream, serum and then moisturiser on top. I use Kiehls midnight recovery serum and kiehls ultra facial cream as a moisturiser. I have dry skin.

EquinoxBloom Mon 30-May-16 07:49:54

Ok so make up off, then cleansing balm. And then Nip and Fab pads? I don't want to use too much at first in case it gives me a breakout....

Then serum and moisturise.

RaisinGirls Mon 30-May-16 07:54:20

Another Emma hardie cleansing balm fan. My skin has improved so much since I started using it.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 30-May-16 08:07:23

I double cleanse and use a balm each cleanse.

I spend about 10-15 minutes cleansing each night.

coppergrey Mon 30-May-16 08:14:26

Careful with Emma Hardie if you're sensitive to essential oils... I didn't know I was till I used this and came out in huge red bumps all over my face!

Here's my routine, which has finally got my spot-prone, oily skin under control:

Remove eye makeup with Avené micellar water
Clinique Take The Day Off balm cleanser massaged into face and wiped off with a flannel, rinse and wipe again
Wash face with CeraVe foaming cleanser
Sweep over face with Pixi Glow Tonic on cotton pad
Apply Snail Gel Treatment (every other night)
Apply CeraVe PM moisturiser
Apply Kate Sommerville Eye Arrest cream

That's nighttime... For day I skip the double cleanse, Glow Tonic and treatment steps and use a spray spring water and La Roche Posay moisturiser SPF 50 instead smile

wishiwasacollie Mon 30-May-16 08:18:25

Balm before micellar or lighter cleanser or micellar etc first then cleansing balm? So confused about right way round. I use balm then micellar thinking i was removing reisdue then toner serum and moisturiser

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now