Alpha Liquid Gold Intensive Night Repair Serum gave me a very red face!

(3 Posts)
Whyarethebestnamestaken Sat 28-May-16 09:33:06

I have the liquid gold and used that the first night with no problems and the following night (last night) I used the intensive night repair serum and this morning my face is quite red, like a sunburn look.

When I put it on it said it may burn a bit which it did like mild sunburn but only lasted for about 15 minutes. I don't normally react to any facial products so was quite surprised.

Is this normal?

coleus Sat 28-May-16 09:53:08

Hmmmmm. They are very active products, maybe lay off them both for a few days. Have another go with the LG next week then wait a couple of days before introducing the serum again.

My face was red and sore after using the power peel the day after I used LG so I think they need a bit of space between until you get used to them if you're not used to high levels of glycolic. They are a great brand for problem-solving so I tend to use them on an ad hoc basis.

Whyarethebestnamestaken Sun 29-May-16 10:50:17

Thank you, it was red for one day and back to normal this morning thank goodness!

It said 2 - 3 pumps and I used 3 so a lesson learned there and I will try in a few days using 1 pump and see how I get on

. It was just a surprise as I have never had a reaction to anything before. I also used the liquid gold liquid the night before and did not get the tingle that I hear people talk about so thought I would be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now