Which navy Uniqlo jacket?

(9 Posts)
LancsHotpot Fri 27-May-16 20:26:30

Uniqlo have got a couple of navy jackets in the sale and I'm almost sure I need one of them. Has anyone seen them IRL? They seem really reasonably priced and they don't seem to be selling, which makes me wonder if they're not that great. Everything else I've bought from Uniqlo has been fab though.

light cotton jacket
cardigan jacket

If anyone's seen them and could advise on what they're like I'd be really grateful. otherwise I'm likely to order both and then decide I need them both.

dustyanswer Fri 27-May-16 20:34:45

Do they do free returns or do you live near enough to take it back yourself? I've got lots of uniqlo stuff and when it 'works' it's fab (I have a lovely Jil Sander collaboration trench coat that I wear every year) but sometime the cut can be slightly off which might be the case with these jackets.

dustyanswer Fri 27-May-16 20:35:59

BTW I think I've seen these in the store and they look ok but you never know until you try them on.

Mitfordhons Fri 27-May-16 20:39:27

I've got the cardigan one, it's the second one I've bought. The first incarnation was a MN thing a few years ago and proved to be very useful but after a while (years) it faded so I bought a new one recently. I love it and will get another one soon in black - have the navy. Fit is great, it looks more jackety and feels more like a cardi, not sure about the lighter colours.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Fri 27-May-16 20:43:31

I bought the cardigan one this week - grey but now want navy too! Its definitely more cardigan weight, as no lining, but still a good shape. Similar to the Hush one I wanted but miles cheaper and a better fit.

ShebaQueen Fri 27-May-16 20:45:40

I have the cardigan one in navy and wear it loads, it's great with jeans but have also worn it over a dress for work. Tempted to get another colour whilst it's on offer.

LancsHotpot Fri 27-May-16 21:27:12

Thanks - looks like it's the cardigan one then!

I'm not near a Uniqlo (they don't do The North) and it's not free returns I don't think, so I can see me not sending one back if I bought both.

Diamonddealeroncemore Fri 27-May-16 21:46:44

I too have the cardigan one it is a bit thinner than I had envisaged, I have something similar from John Lewis but that is a bit heavier (but was more expensive, this was a complete bargain!)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 27-May-16 22:35:46

Between the two, I'd pick the cardigan jacket.
The first one would be an unholy creasey mess within 45 seconds of being on me blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now