Breast feeding friendly wedding guest outfit?

(8 Posts)
mrswishywashy Thu 26-May-16 21:39:26

I've got two weddings to go to this summer and totally stuck for ideas. I'll be breast feeding my nine month old daughter so need to be able to feed easily.

One wedding is more causal but the other will be more formal with need for hats etc.

I'm a size 22 struggling to lose baby weight and generally feel quite crap about how I look and don't feel comfortable dressing up but the weddings will be fun.

Has anyone ideas of what to wear?

mrsvilliers Fri 27-May-16 16:20:12

I wore a maxi dress when I needed to do this, pulled strap off and front down then covered up with a pashmina. DS was only 4 months though so might not work in the pulling off and squirming around stage!

unlimiteddilutingjuice Fri 27-May-16 16:28:37

Anything low cut with a bolero jacket. Boob out the dress front, bolero jacket buttoned up over it- jobs a good un.

albazavi Fri 27-May-16 16:36:45

I had a similar problem and scoured everywhere. Ended up buying a 1950s style shirt dress (with the advice of mumsnet).

Similar to this:

www.lindybop.co.uk/dresses-c1/swing-jive-dresses-c3/matilda-blue-polka-dot-shirt-dress-p1931

PontypineNumber9 Fri 27-May-16 19:09:14

I have had this issue for the past few summers - your best options are a maxi dress with wrap style front (Boden sometimes does nice ones) or Phase Eight (again the wrap style front). I also got a lovely ruched (again wrap front) dress from Baukjen which was very forgiving and comfortable. I don't find actual wrap dresses very flattering but a jersey dress with cross over at the boob section worked well. Good luck!

MrsLettuce Fri 27-May-16 22:13:56

this is very nice
[http://www.studio-eight.com/fcp/product/studio8/sale-dresses/estelle-jersey-dress/230040472#dvt_phase37_2 might you prefer this shape?]]

MrsLettuce Fri 27-May-16 22:14:40

Ahem, sorry.

might you prefer this shape?

mrswishywashy Wed 01-Jun-16 15:59:36

Thank you all so much. Lots of ideas now just need to make a choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now