Would nay of the bra interventionists be able and willing to recommend a bikini?

(21 Posts)
margaritasbythesea Thu 26-May-16 20:05:53

I bought y first properly fitting bras after a bra intervention and have been trying to find bikinis in similar shapes. I have ordered lots and have had not success, so I though I might once again ask for help.

I am a 32dd by measurement who only seems to fit in to 32e bras. The shapes recommended to me that I liked were the Masquerade Rhea, the Cleo Juna and ones called Maddie and Deco which I don't have right now so I am not sure who made them.

I had given up and resigned yself to the usual non-supportive triangle shape, but then I saw a woman at the swimming pool who had a properly fitting one and she looked great. I'd like to look as great as I can, so I am asking pretty please for help!

margaritasbythesea Thu 26-May-16 20:06:35

Grrr... Any not Nay

AnguaResurgam Thu 26-May-16 20:08:27

Bravissimo do swimwear.

Or try www.shoppourmoi.co.uk/g1558/Swimwear/Bikinis/

ManonLescaut Thu 26-May-16 20:19:09

The obvious answer is underwired top, they give great support.

www.figleaves.com/uk/search/underwired-bikini/

Kidnapped Thu 26-May-16 20:22:10

Not an expert, but recently bought these. I like the Panache Swim stuff and wear Cleo bras.

Annalise

Britt bandeau

Cindy

They look good and are supportive. And cheap.

margaritasbythesea Thu 26-May-16 20:42:11

I have been looking at the Annalise but the only colour I like is OOS in my size everywhere. I might just try it to see.

The Cleo one looks good.

ManonLescuat and Angua - thanks I have been looking at those sorts of things but I seem to have very difficult boobs to fit. I just end up ordering so many!

Equiem89 Thu 26-May-16 20:51:19

I'm 32FF and get most of my bikinis from figleaves. I'm really picky, I only wear halter neck tops and side tie bottoms.

margaritasbythesea Thu 26-May-16 21:01:54

If you find something that works, why not? I would. Halter necks look awful on me for some reason.

margaritasbythesea Fri 27-May-16 12:21:16

I have ordered some from My Curves and Me so I am hopeful but also issuing a hopeful bump for new ideas (please!).

I spent ages trying to find the Annalise in navy last night in my size but couldn't. I have decided in advance that it is perfect in every way for me. sad How did the sizing come up?

Cleo make bikinis- maddie is a cleo bra. Deco is Freya who also do bikinis so I'd look for those brands.

margaritasbythesea Fri 27-May-16 12:34:18

Thanks Statistically. I think it was you who helped me last time flowers

Branleuse Fri 27-May-16 12:43:56

try putting your bra size into ebay. I find panache and freya the best for bikinis (and bras)

leedy Fri 27-May-16 12:59:43

I am a Cleo Maddie fan, similar size to you, and picked up a couple of Cleo bikinis recently that work really well (though I did find I had to go up a back size, they don't seem to have quite as much give in the band as the actual bras).

This is one of them, but I suspect any of their balconette bikini tops would work well:
www.ebay.ie/itm/Panache-CW0162-Cleo-Leena-U-W-Balcony-Balconette-Bikini-Top-Heart-Print-Blue-New-/381551529452 (I did buy the bottom as well)

KatharinaRosalie Fri 27-May-16 13:23:58

Yes try to search Ebay for Panache, Cleo and Freya bikinis in your size. If you fit Freya Deco, then probably plunge tops would be a good fit.
This looks like Deco in bikini form:
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freya-Fever-Underwired-Plunge-Bikini-Top-3328-Black-Pink-Red-Bra-Size-Swimwear-/201572823234?var=&hash=item2eeead30c2:m:mG8yrzyZuH9AS8AC_jK7cOw

I have this one myself, very flattering www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freya-3902-Spirit-Underwired-Sweetheart-Padded-Bikini-Top-New-Swimwear-/351659476695?var=&hash=item51e089c6d7:m:muTDjg9hnGt8ucbq00eA4MA

Here's Annalise in 32E
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panache-Swimwear-Annalise-Balconnet-Bikini-Top-Cobalt-White-SW0932-Select-Size-/311539589140?var=&hash=item488934e014:m:moj6qqWYulsEIrMFPtAX8eg

Branleuse Fri 27-May-16 14:38:16

and freya deco actually comes in a bikini

DianaT1969 Fri 27-May-16 15:25:30

Another vote for Panache and Freya bikinis. Much better than Bravissimo own brand and Figleaves own brands IMO. The same price or cheaper too.

Here are some nice 32E bikinis including a Freya Tootsie on discount:
https://airymary.com/collections/swimwear-d-to-hh-cup/cf-size-uk-32e-eu70f-us32ddd

Simply Beach in 32E
https://m.simplybeach.com/departments/BikiniTops/DD+Bikinis.aspx?State=CupSize&CupSize=32E

I hope the links work.

margaritasbythesea Mon 30-May-16 15:10:55

Oo thank you all very much. I hadn't noticed these replies, I'm sorry.

I will go and look at the links now, but if anybody sees a Annalise in navy 32e I will be eternally grateful. flowers

AuroraBora Mon 30-May-16 19:11:09

ASOS! And they do free returns so you can try a few sizes.

RaeSkywalker Mon 30-May-16 19:19:56

I got 3 Floozie bikinis from Debenhams last year- underwired and padded tops (I was a 32E at the time). The prints are more 'fun' than 'classic' but it might be worth a look at whether they have any this year.

Ethelswith Mon 30-May-16 19:27:53

Yes they do. I was trying on bikinis in Debenhams this weekend, and there was a whole rack of floozies.

They have quite a wide selection (various makes) up to E cup.

(I was surprised they don't go larger, given that their bra departments cater for bigger cup sizes)

margaritasbythesea Mon 30-May-16 21:06:38

Thank you Asos has 20% off today BTW

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now