How can I make my legs nice for my holiday?

(10 Posts)
BusyBea Tue 24-May-16 20:58:42

No matter what I seem to do, my legs always look crap when I've shaved them. I have really sensitive skin and always get a rash at the tops of my legs and it looks spotty and awful. I'm going away on holiday in 3 weeks time and would like to have presentable legs if possible!

Any ideas what I can do to avoid the rash? I can't afford to go and get them waxed etc (plus I've never done it before!) if anyone suggests that.

Please help!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 24-May-16 21:10:57

I always get a shaving rash too, I use hair removing cream from homebargains & use a whole tube for legs.

My skin hates all razors.

BusyBea Tue 24-May-16 21:30:31

I've not used removal cream for years after having a crap experience with it but I might try it again. What brand do you buy?

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 24-May-16 21:34:37

Nair sensitive. Do a patch test though & don't rub it in.

BusyBea Tue 24-May-16 21:38:25

Lovely, thanks so much!

PterodactylToenails Tue 24-May-16 21:41:41

My legs always get marks on from using a razor so I use a cordless lady shave now - exfoliate day before, shave and moisturise.

RegTheMonkey1 Wed 25-May-16 08:28:10

My husband uses a shaving oil for his face, as he's got sensitive skin (aww, poor soul), and he passed on a spare one to me. It's made a huge difference and you only use a teeny amount. It's called Somerset shaving oil. I also start a week before hols and exfoliate every day with those scrubby glove things you can get in Boots, and then slather them in coconut oil (the cheapest is in the cooking aisle, not the beauty aisle). Still fat, but ooh, so smooth!

RegTheMonkey1 Wed 25-May-16 08:28:50

Slather the legs in coconut oil obviously, not the exfoliating gloves.

innermuddle Wed 25-May-16 08:31:19

I use coconut oil for shaving too. I get in shower, rub legs in oil then shave, wash and exfoliate..moisturise after.

NatalieRushman Wed 25-May-16 09:46:20

1. If you don't use a shaving cream, use it. It makes shaving so much easier. Also, if you're using a ladies razor, switch to a mens' one. They always seem to be sharper.
2. Use aloe vera on your legs post - shaving. It cools it down and minimises the rash, plus it makes your skin feel nice.
3 Switch to something else. I like to epilate, as it's the longest lasting method of hair removal that you can do yourself at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now