This (overpriced?) skirt for an hourglass shape?

(42 Posts)
Pupsiecola Tue 24-May-16 16:34:22

I tried it on and really like the pattern. I have a £50 gift card to use from Christmas so it would only feel like I'm spending £48 ;-). The style/shape suits me I think but I would need to wear a fitted top with it so that it accentuates the waist. I was thinking just a plain jersey type long sleeved top. I could wear it year round (with sandals or tights and boots). I might keep an eye out for it in the sale as it feels overpriced but I am trying to be more quality than quantity now that I'm mid 40s so I would pay this for it if I was convinced. I'm between a size 12 and 10 having lost a couple of stones. But I would buy the 10 as I'm confident that I'll be there soon.

Jigsaw Skirt

EatShitDerek Tue 24-May-16 16:36:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pupsiecola Tue 24-May-16 16:43:45

Oh okay! Thanks. This one is really good quality and lined and feels nice on but I will do as you say. This voucher is burning a hole in my purse lol.

KoalaDownUnder Tue 24-May-16 16:48:22

So annoying - I want to see it, but because I'm overseas, clicking on the link just brings up the jigsaw home page, IYSWIM? Not the actual skirt.

Could you post a screenshot, pretty please? smile

HanYOLO Tue 24-May-16 16:49:26

I'm sure it's a lot nicer in real life - is it nice fabric - but Jigsaw manage to make everything on their website look absolutely frumptastic and drab. I'm sure you could get something that shape in a better print and colour somewhere else - Oasis or Warehouse or Topshop?

Is it a Jigsaw voucher?

whitershadeofpale Tue 24-May-16 16:54:10

I'm a hourglass and it wouldn't be for me. I wouldn't think it would be very flattering on hips and bum but would be ok if a LOT cheaper for casual days etc.

ontherightpath Tue 24-May-16 18:12:18

I have a few of these Jigsaw skirts and find the style very flattering. I'm a size 10/12 and pear shaped. The fabric is always lovely and soft & drapes really well - I've never managed to find a cheaper alternative that is cut as nicely. I wear them all the year round and although they are expensive they are worn more than any other skirts I have.

YoureSoSlyButSoAmI Tue 24-May-16 18:14:11

HOW MUCH?!?!?!?!?!?!😮😮😮

AgathaF Tue 24-May-16 18:33:05

Like the skirt, colour, shape and fabric, but I think it is a bit overpriced really. That said, if you like it, and it feels good quality, then get it and enjoy it.

UntilTheCowsComeHome Tue 24-May-16 18:35:26

There's nothing special about that skirt to warrant anyone paying £98 for it.

Aquiver Tue 24-May-16 18:39:52

That is quite overpriced OP - I would take a look online at sites such as H&M, ASOS etc as I am 100% sure you will find a close match for a fraction of the price - then you can spend your voucher on something else smile

DianaT1969 Tue 24-May-16 18:39:58

I was really shocked when I clicked through. I expected to see a structued, statement skirt that looked mega expensive. As the others said, I'm sure you could find a similar look for a LOT less. It might be good quality but so are many other shops with casual skirts at the £40 mark. Perhaps wait and use the voucher in the next Jigsaw sale?

herecomesthsun Tue 24-May-16 18:59:07

Can you wait for the sale?

Kittyrobin Tue 24-May-16 19:01:19

I think gap had a few similar online last time I looked.

Dangerouswoman Tue 24-May-16 19:02:48

No way is that £100 for a flippy little skirt. It looks like a dishrag from h&m in that picture. I take the point from a pp that it's lined but don't they have a nice dress or jacket for that money?

EnidButton Tue 24-May-16 19:28:04

I like it but, fuck me £98?! shock

Pupsiecola Tue 24-May-16 19:36:52

The other thing I liked was a leather biker jacket, but I was £248 short. Yes, the price is exactly why I didn't buy it at the time. I just couldn't do it. I've bookmarked it in case it gets reduced at sale time. It is a lovely skirt though.

Ridiculously overpriced. It looks like the sort of thing you'd get in White Stuff, or even H&M. Wouldn't even contemplate it unless you absolutely love it.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Tue 24-May-16 19:51:42

Jesus that's overpriced. As others say look in h&m and maybe even fat face etc

SuburbanRhonda Tue 24-May-16 19:53:25

It's a yard of viscose and a yard of polyester, OP. Nothing special about the print either. Please don't - it's a total rip-off.

Pupsiecola Tue 24-May-16 19:54:51

As I've said, I am going to wait for it to go in the sale.

Destinysdaughter Tue 24-May-16 19:56:14

Ridiculously overpriced!!! 😱

Alicekeach Tue 24-May-16 19:57:11

I have a similar style skirt from Kew (Jigsaw's sister brand) a few years ago. Can't remember how much I paid, but mine is 100% silk and has lasted well. No way would I pay £98 for viscose! Jigsaw are obviously following Hobbs' example and replacing quality fabrics with manmade tat but still expecting to charge the same prices.

SuburbanRhonda Tue 24-May-16 19:58:16

How good are the reductions normally in the Jigsaw sale?

I wouldn't consider anything over £30 for it.

EnidButton Tue 24-May-16 19:59:05

It'll definitely go on the sale because no-one will pay the current price for it. It's a perfectly nice skirt but not £98 worth. I like how they avoided rounding it up to £100.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now