Smart but cool summer clothes (that don't break the bank)??

(8 Posts)
JessJR23 Mon 23-May-16 16:36:00

Hi all,
This is my first summer back after having a baby (he is 2 now) and I don't have a summer work wardrobe! I am a secondary teacher so it needs to be at least knee-length ideally with short sleeves. I am looking for some smart, cool dresses (my mobile is already roasting!!) and/ or some smartish but cool trousers. Any advice on where to look? Also, being on a part-time teachers salary it needs to be as wallet-friendly as possible! Any tips gratefully received!

Pantsalive Mon 23-May-16 16:52:16

Sainsburys seemed to have a few nice things last time I was in there - broiderie anglaise, cotton sundresses, etc - and they've got 25% off at the moment. Might be worth a look.

sammy891 Mon 23-May-16 17:01:37

New Look usually has a few nice things, t-shirts and blouses, trousers as well.

amarmai Mon 23-May-16 18:46:46

Lord and Taylor make chemise slip dresses in a good weight of Pima cotton for 20 dollars.Nautica ,Ralph Lauren,and other expensive dress makers also make good quality PJs and nightwear that can be used with discrimination in the daytime and cost way Less than their daytime lines.

Behooven Mon 23-May-16 19:49:54

George at Asda! I got some nice linen/viscose dresses, sleeveless blouses and chino trousers last week, perfect for a hot stuffy office.

claptomania Mon 23-May-16 22:36:52

Uniqlo is full of stuff that meets your requirements. Particularly good for lightweight knits and cropped trousers at the mo

JessJR23 Tue 24-May-16 15:00:46

Thank you very much ladies! I will take a look at a few of their sites (we don't have an asda here) & get down to sainsbury/ new look at the week end. Fingers crossed that the sunshine continues and I have need for it all!

Pantsalive Tue 24-May-16 15:26:51

You can buy Asda clothes online, just in case you don't have any joy anywhere else.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now