What to wear with this skirt?

(5 Posts)
rachelmonday1 Mon 23-May-16 11:04:08

We've all done this I'm sure, but I bought this beautiful skirt in the Coast sale as it looks gorgeous. It's black, sits just above the knee and is a mix of tapework and sequins.

My problem now is that I have an occassion to wear it, but have no idea what to wear with it! Ideas very welcome please confused

Pantsalive Mon 23-May-16 11:40:02

Lovely skirt.

It depends on the event but I'd keep it pretty simple with something like this silky tank top,
www.reiss.com/p/texturedfront-tank-top-womens-alli-in-dusk/?category_id=1122
or maybe a fine knit sweater
www.jcrew.com/uk/womens_category/sweaters/Pullover/PRDOVR~E1277/E1277.jsp

rachelmonday1 Mon 23-May-16 11:59:49

Thanks Pantsalive. The event is a cocktail evening, so maybe something silky is indeed the way to go.

LookJustCancelTheCheque Mon 23-May-16 13:20:27

Silk T-shirt? (I'm just thinking it might be a bit parky with no sleeves, if that doesn't sound too much like someone's nan grin)

Zara and Cos are good for that kind of thing.

rachelmonday1 Mon 23-May-16 14:02:16

LookJustCancelTheCheque: It's an indoor event and I'm assuming that it won't be too cold indoors, but you could be right about sleeves though as my arms aren't the best! I think silk would go beautifully though, so will have a hunt around. Thanks for your advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now