Wide leg linens with wide elasticated waistband (preferably no drawstring either!)

(12 Posts)
TeamEponine Sun 22-May-16 16:41:14

I need to buy new linens for the summer and usually have a couple of wide leg pairs that I wear constantly. However, I'm now the owner of a rather wobbly mummy tummy, and anything with buttons or sticking out bitts on the tummy just makes me feel way too self conscious and miserable.

So, I'm after some wide leg linens with a wide elasticated waistband and preferably no drawstring. I just want a smooth covering for my tum sad

I'm size 10 bottom half, size 8 top, so pear shaped. I thought I found the perfect ones from simply be, but they only start at size 12 angry

Any idea if such a thing exists? I've searched for ages, but have given up. Thanks! flowers

iroblonegen Sun 22-May-16 17:39:48

Are these any good? They do have a drawstring but it might just be 'for show'.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/pure-linen-easy-to-iron-wide-leg-beach-trousers/p/p22428563?prevPage=srp#

(Sorry - don't know how to do neat links!)

TeamEponine Mon 23-May-16 10:26:54

Ummm, maybe. I'd need to try them on! Thanks though.

Any other suggestions?

ElaeudanlaTeiteia Mon 23-May-16 11:05:03

These? I like them, bit expensive for me at the mo though.

YorkieDorkie Mon 23-May-16 11:13:01

I bought some from monsoon last year exactly as you've described. Might have something similar this year?

Acornantics Mon 23-May-16 11:16:46

M&S have them in every year, lots of colours, great quality and longer lengths (that's what I need). I have a pair in white, they're lovely.

DownHereInTheHorridHouse Mon 23-May-16 15:40:09

I think I saw some in Asda today - I was searching everywhere for navy wide leg with elasticated waist, but not linen so didn't look in detail, but they seemed like what you're after.

Mrsmaudwatts Wed 25-May-16 08:08:43

Yes Asda, cheap as chips and surprisingly nice. Come in a variety of leg lengths too

louloubelle2 Wed 25-May-16 08:24:42

Linen trousers with a drawstring in the waistband are absolutely everywhere, and in many the drawstring is cosmetic rather than functional so its worth trying them on to see, then just take the drawstring out?

YouMakeMyDreams Wed 25-May-16 08:27:24

I usually buy a couple of pairs of the same but struggling this year. None I've seen are wide legged apart from the ones on this thread mind you. They are all straight legged or parallel legged confused just not wide enough this year.

TeamEponine Wed 25-May-16 09:08:33

Thanks all. Shopping tomorrow, so I'll check those out!

Tinklypoo Wed 25-May-16 09:11:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now