Can I use biological washing stuff on my silk top?

(9 Posts)
JohnCheese Sun 22-May-16 12:37:00

I have a silk top (obv). Unfortunately I let some chocolate brownie fall on it and now there's a fine lovely grease stain on it.

Efforts to date:
I've washed it in woolite a few times, no use.
Put a little green fairy liquid dishwashing stuff and then washed, no use.
I've put cornflour in it, no use.

It's a nice top Jaeger top and I've only worn it once wah. How can I get rid of this oil stain?

Help?

HirplesWithHaggis Sun 22-May-16 12:58:54

Well, you can, but be aware that the enzymes will eat the silk. You won't get holes straight away but will notice a difference in "feel". Sorry not to be more helpful.

jcscot Sun 22-May-16 13:09:12

If you've already washed it, then you'll have "set" the stain and it won't come out at all.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 22-May-16 13:41:22

Can it be dry cleaned?.

JohnCheese Sun 22-May-16 14:20:03

Thanks. I won't use biological stuff so. I think the dry cleaner is my best option.
And then wear a bib. grin Or at least don't eat chocolate while wearing the top.

Nettletheelf Sun 22-May-16 16:15:59

If it's a choice between not being able to wear it again, and washing it in bio detergent, go for the detergent. I've washed silk in bio handwash stuff before, and it survived.

GreenMarkerPen Sun 22-May-16 16:19:52

no. I would soak in shampoo & cold water and then wash again

imjessie Sun 22-May-16 16:40:40

Dry cleaning will get it out or if it's washable dab a bit of washing up liquid on it before you wash it . Dry cleaning will be safer though .

travailtotravel Sun 22-May-16 16:51:27

What about that Ace fabric bleach? That doesn't take the colour out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now