Is this nice or just nice on the model?

(13 Posts)
LillyVonSchtupp Sun 22-May-16 12:19:20

Was tempted for my holiday. Thought it would look nice with a tan and some simple sandals.

However I'm shorter and fatter (5'4 size 12) than the model and can't help but think that might tip it into frumpsville?

here

AuntieStella Sun 22-May-16 12:22:28

I think it would look OK, but it's 97% polyester which would put me off.

dailymaillazyjournos Sun 22-May-16 12:25:24

I like it. Think a lot depends on your shape as to whether it looks good. Not so much whether you are larger than model but things like shoulder and hip width/ratios to waist etc are important. So long as you can return it if you don't like it, I'd go for it.

Thefitfatty Sun 22-May-16 12:26:30

You might want to buy a size or two up so it hangs properly. But it looks cute.

LillyVonSchtupp Sun 22-May-16 12:28:16

Thanks both.

Then polyester things doesn't really bother me tbh.

I'm an hourglass and not overly booby so think it might work daily?

Think I'll order.

KindDogsTail Sun 22-May-16 12:40:47

As you say you are shorter than the model it might possibly look like a sack and frumpish.

The model might be, say 5ft 8ins and weigh 8 st and be wearing size 8 -10. She also has thin arms and legs.
Then she also is wearing high heels.
She has the gamine/waif look. So on anyone not looking like her, the dress will seem different.

So perhaps you should only buy it if you could return it if you decide you do not like it after all.

dailymaillazyjournos Sun 22-May-16 12:52:28

I think not booby is important with this shape. I'm slim but with out of proportionly big boobs and this shape just hangs straight down from them and makes me look much bigger than I am. It could look really good on a non booby hourglass. Give at a go. Hope it's a keeper.

specialsubject Sun 22-May-16 14:43:45

She is wearing flats but standing on tip toe, and is very slim with no waist or boobs. If that's you then fine. I think anyone bigger is going to look like a sack of floral spuds in it.

DerelictMyBalls Sun 22-May-16 16:09:01

Sorry but I think it would look terrible on an hourglass.

OutToGetYou Sun 22-May-16 20:22:05

Looks like granny's housecoat.

flanjabelle Sun 22-May-16 20:24:22

I think there is a risk that it will look like a nighty. I hope I'm wrong! Report back op!

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Sun 22-May-16 20:30:06

Im hourglass and avoid shapes like this because they make me appear bigger.

nickdrakeslovechild Sun 22-May-16 20:52:28

I have this dress, it comes up really big so don't order a size up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now