matching dresses for 9 year old and size 14 teenager, for a wedding?

(11 Posts)
sunshineandhappy Sat 21-May-16 15:28:48

Hi, does anyone know of websites selling matching dresses for adults and children? Ideally vintage style? I can either find one or the other, and I would like matching fabric at least. Wedding is September, so haven't got ages to order in bridal shops, and don't want to spend a fortune. It's an informal wedding, and they are kind of bridesmaids. I'm looking for pale colours, not really patterned. Thanks in advance.

Tate15 Sat 21-May-16 15:41:22

Hmmmm, Personally I don't think it's a good look to dress them the same when there is a big age gap. It looks kind of fancy dress and costume like!

Would you not go for the same fabric but different designs?

IsItMeOr Sat 21-May-16 15:49:16

How about the Storm range for 8-15 years at Monsoon?

boobyooby Sat 21-May-16 15:55:40

Dessy bridesmaids dresses are found in most bridal shops - I had a 3yr, 11yr, 15yr and 17 yr bridesmaids (nieces) and let them choose their own design but all the same colour which worked out perfect for us.

Failing that I reckon you'd be better of having made by a local dressmaker smile

sunshineandhappy Sat 21-May-16 15:58:46

I've not seen the monsoon range before. They're Lovely.
I'm still not convinced about matching dresses vs just the same colour, they want to have similar dresses, but they have very different body shapes so I'm thinking matching the colour rather than the style I think.

kimlo Sat 21-May-16 16:01:53

Lindybop

PartyCityGhoul Sat 21-May-16 16:06:36

Lindy bop do kids versions of a lot of their dresses, they are mostly 50's style. They do tend to be patterned but worth a look. Decent quality for the price too imo - they are pretty cheap

IsItMeOr Sat 21-May-16 16:13:57

I had one official adult bridesmaid, and one unofficial small child in a nice dress. Both the dresses were made in silk dupion, and they were different colours. It worked well for us.

SesameSparkle Sat 21-May-16 16:18:18

bhs might work as they have quite a few styles that come in matching children and adult dresses, with same colour and fabric etc.

sunshineandhappy Sat 21-May-16 19:32:17

Thanks all. Lots of browsing to do smile

almostthirty Sat 21-May-16 19:33:56

Bhs has some nice ones in a wide age range/size (and has big sale atm) and usually has matching accessories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now