Maternity work wear

(13 Posts)
Snowberry86 Sat 21-May-16 14:02:06

I'm only 17 weeks but have a bump and can't get in my black work trousers. I've tried just switching to the next size up but although they fit around the waist tbh are too baggy on the legs, hips and bum.

I have searched for maternity smart trousers and found hardly anything. Does anyone have any advice? It's so hard dressing for work! All maternity wear seems to be leggings which I'm not allowed to wear.

MrsLettuce Sat 21-May-16 19:58:49

these look nice but they aren't cheap
here

Maternity trousers drove me potty though, once the bump got big. Dresses are much more comfortable.

nousernames Sat 21-May-16 20:02:24

I went on asos for my maternity clothes but i did have one black pair of work trousers from new look. If I remember rightly though the band irritated my bump by the end of each day.

Snowberry86 Sat 21-May-16 21:09:24

Thank you. I have been living in dresses but I have so many work tops I now can't wear as I don't have any trousers!

mangocoveredlamb Sat 21-May-16 21:11:10

Jojo maman Bebe have got nice wide legged linens trousers at the moment? And H&M have got some nice chinos in the maternity section!

ohidoliketobe Sat 21-May-16 21:12:22

How about a jersey pencil skirt? I got one a few sizes bigger than normal from h&m and it's allowed me to keep wearing a few of my roomier tops

MrsLettuce Sat 21-May-16 21:28:23

Yes, a pencil skirt would work well.

shirkingworking Sun 22-May-16 08:34:12

I got some things from Seraphine for work and wore the topshop black maternity jeans a lot... Work as city lawyer so jeans are not at all appropriate but they were so dark you couldn't tell they were denim. Isabella Oliver is nice too but v expensive unless you buy in the sale. Gap do good vests to wear under things and also nice summery tops.

RaeSkywalker Sun 22-May-16 09:12:33

I've bought a few bits for work (I'm only 14 weeks but wanted to have some things in the wardrobe for when I put on a 'normal' work outfit and look horrendous!)

Like you I really struggled to find black trousers and gave up in the end. DH is going to let me hit Seraphine for a couple of bits though so hopefully I'll find some there. In the meantime, I've got 3 lovely dresses from ASOS. Then I got a maternity bundle on eBay (ASOS blouse, Isabella Oliver black pencil skirt and dress, Next pencil skirt and Mothercare dress). Hopefully I'm good to go now! I work for a design firm so we're all expected to look 'right'. I suspect that I will live in the dresses, especially when I'm close to my due date and massive, but wanted to have a couple of black 'bottoms' that I could wear with a smart top for more formal meetings.

Just need to find some flat shoes that are presentable enough to wear when my heels become a no-go!

GruffaloPants Sun 22-May-16 09:55:22

At 17 weeks you might be able to use a hair band to loop round the top button and through the buttonhole, should give you another 3 weeks or so!

I've had good stuff from ASOS. I think Next might do maternity workwear too.

Lndnmummy Sun 22-May-16 10:23:33

I got a gorgeous pair from Isabella Oliver on ebay that were "nearly new". I wore them to death to work. I also had a black gap parlir that were great right up until the very end. From about 32 weeks it was dresses/skirts all the way for me.

Lndnmummy Sun 22-May-16 10:25:02

I wore heals until birth blush at work.

RaeSkywalker Sun 22-May-16 11:48:01

Lndn I'm sorry if my comment about shoes came across as judgemental, I didn't mean it like that at all- I just suspect that I'll need flats towards the end as I have a historic knee injury that the relaxin will probably make worse, and I'm on my feet quite a lot for 'standing' meetings presentations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now