Changed my mind about highlights, what next?

(7 Posts)
MrPony Sat 21-May-16 12:11:54

I had brown hair that I used a box dye on. A few months ago I decided to get highlights and go blonder. I do like the colour but looking at it I don't think I can afford to keep getting highlights, so what can I do next? I can't just plonk a box dye on top can I?

I'm no good at hair, could do with some advice.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 21-May-16 12:54:24

I've had a dye over highlights but done at the salon. I wouldn't attempt it at home!

TeaBelle Sat 21-May-16 12:57:40

Unless the highlights are hugley different to your hair colour, you can just let them grow out. They'll fade anyway overtime so within a couple of months they won't notice at all

MrsBertMacklin Sat 21-May-16 13:05:31

Personally, I would pay the hairdresser one more time, to take you back to a block colour. Box colour over highlights is risky.

burnishedsilver Sat 21-May-16 13:33:16

I had highlights that I didn't like. I put a nice n easy semi on top. It came out lovely. The highlights started to come through with each wash. I liked it. It was subtle. I'm all for plonking a box dye on top bur prefer a semi.

Mindgone Sat 21-May-16 23:57:56

burnishedsilver, was your semi done at a salon, or diy? Could you recommend a brand? I have exactly this problem at the moment.

southeastastra Sat 21-May-16 23:59:33

save and keep getting the highlights, maybe just get half a head?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now