Knickers for sanpro

(13 Posts)
heelsonwheels Thu 19-May-16 19:53:05

Is it just me that wishes that underwear makers and sanitary pad makers would have a meeting to decide on sizes and shapes that go together?
I'd like to find some feminine/sexy pants that also allow efficient use of the winged variety. I've even thought of taking a pad into M&S and checking the fit - but I think I'd get some odd looks.
I have a few pairs of unflattering big M&S pants that work well but I don't see why a sensible gusset means that the rest of the garment should look like granny pants. Most pants seem to have very narrow gussets or very short narrow bits in the middle of the gusset. Years ago I had some great Next microfibre ones - but can't find them now. Any ideas? What do you wear your wings on?

hollieberrie Thu 19-May-16 20:13:49

A valid point OP. I only use winged pads these days and wear M&S bikini knickers for the whole time i have my period. I'm a size 8-10 but i have them in a 12 cos i like to be comfy grin. My sexy pants get firmly shoved to the back of the drawer for the week.

hollieberrie Thu 19-May-16 20:14:39

Theyre not the big pants so i dont feel too hideous in them. I quite like the cut and fit.

stealtheatingtunnocks Thu 19-May-16 20:14:53

DiaryDoll. brilliant, leak proof too.

Whatthefoxgoingon Thu 19-May-16 20:16:25

Diary doll, two aspirin, a hot water bottle for the cramps and chocolate.

Sexy pants no thanks!

Madbengalmum Thu 19-May-16 20:32:42

There was a thread on this a few weeks ago, apperently there are some pants in america that you dont need to use anything with, they were called thinx, one of the posters had ordered some and was going to report back!

coveredinhopeandvaseline Thu 19-May-16 20:43:19

I've been wearing big enormous m&s full briefs since I had DS 9 months ago.
sobs and thinks of all the beautiful lingerie that no longer fits

MeadowHay Thu 19-May-16 22:39:35

I AGREE. It's so annoying.
I have had some success with some from Next, Boux Avenue, and C&A.

ShyGirlie Thu 19-May-16 22:43:09

Am i the only one who wears "sensible pants" all the time?! Hate the sound of a narrow gusset - comfort always wins here!

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 19-May-16 22:43:23

I want these.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 19-May-16 22:45:16

They do these as well.

heelsonwheels Fri 20-May-16 19:02:58

I have no come across Diary Dolls before - I'm not sure if I'm ready for waterproof pants. Two questions for you if you use them.

Do they make a crinkle sound when you move (presumably the waterproof bit is polythene - or is it rubber?

I thought cotton for breathability was best for knicks - don't you get a sealed in feeling with risk of thrush and odour?

Thanks for user experiences.

HoW

stealtheatingtunnocks Sat 21-May-16 15:34:03

Nah, they feel and sound like cotton. very clever.

No idea what's in the absorbent bit/waterproof bit, but it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now