Pregnancy mask / dark patches on face

(3 Posts)
BirdsAndBlips Wed 18-May-16 21:19:17

Hello,
I'm near the end of my pg but I'm starting to see dark patches appearing on my face, around my eyes more precisely.
Is there any way to control this? Make it disappear? Of course I'm wearing sun block but as I'm going to be BF all summer long I need something to help.
Thanks!

lauryloo Wed 18-May-16 21:49:29

I had this too and I don't think there is anything that you can do for it. 11 months on and it's gone from my face but I still have the line on my belly!

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 18-May-16 21:58:52

I had it too....at first I thought I just looked nice and tanned but then people started commenting and when I was in the post delivery ward the head midwife brought 2 student midwives round to see it! Apparently its quite unusual. I had it on both cheeks in a sort of freckle colour, which is still there lightly (ds is 7mo). I also have 3 patches on my arm which vary from freckle brown to quite dark black, which make me very self conscious. The only thing I've found to fully cover it is a cc cream under make up. I must confess I'm a bit lax with sunscreen and hardly wear it so maybe that would have helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now