Long light dressing gown

(20 Posts)
Trills Wed 18-May-16 20:57:54

It's finally got too warm for my soft fluffy dressing gown.

Where have you seen a LONG one made of nice-feeling light material?

Emphasis on looooooooooong please.

MrsLettuce Wed 18-May-16 21:06:08

Would this be long enough? They have a few at that length. Is always hard to find properly long dressing gowns. Most annoying!

Trills Wed 18-May-16 21:08:12

That looks like a good length and nice material - I'm surprised that M&S doesn't have one in a plain colour though. I thought that this kind of thing was what M&S was FOR.

ABCAlwaysBeCunting Wed 18-May-16 21:10:53

I usually end up buying cotton kimonos because I can't find long light dressing gowns either. There are a couple of Japanese shops online which have nice ones at about £70 each. They aren't cheap but they wear really well and are really pretty.

MrsLettuce Wed 18-May-16 21:11:31

Ah ha, these are better I think.

MrsLettuce Wed 18-May-16 21:12:03

yy, that was exactly what M&S was for.

Saurus72 Wed 18-May-16 21:12:37

I love these www.susannahcotton.co.uk/store/cat_689802-Susannah-Dressing-Gowns.html

Beautiful soft cotton, really lovely. I'm 5ft 6 and it comes to about mid calf. I bought mine from the outlet section, much cheaper and very very minor printing faults.

Trills Wed 18-May-16 21:18:48

Debenhams definitely doing better.

Poor old M&S.

Trills Wed 18-May-16 21:20:23

The patterns on the kimonos are beautiful

BaconAndAvocado Wed 18-May-16 21:20:54

Thanks mrslettuce I've just ordered one of those dressing gowns! exactly what I wanted!

M&S do have one. Not cheap I grant you (although discounts are always available) but they do exist.

jimjamspam Wed 18-May-16 21:26:32

Cyberjammies

Though perhaps not as long as you'd like tbf

daftbesom Wed 18-May-16 21:32:20

I love these

I have the persimmon one in ivory - I'm 5' 5'' tall and it's down to my feet. Light woven (not jersey), printed cotton. Worn every summer and on trips away cos hotel rooms are nice and warm, for about 6 years now.

Trills Wed 18-May-16 21:32:41

I think the "waffle" fabric is a bit thicker than I want.

I want something thin to waft about in.

faustina Thu 19-May-16 08:01:46

depending on your budget they have some lovely ones at Liberty in really thin,light cotton

Notreallyawaitress Thu 19-May-16 08:07:55

I've got one of these
carolondon.com/department/c/kimono-robes

I do a lot of wafting around in it! grin

Trills Thu 19-May-16 08:08:36

I've had a look at Liberty online and they don't have much so it looks as if that will depend both on my budget and my ability to GO to Liberty.

Luckily I live in London, and going to Liberty is an enjoyable experience grin

RainbowsAndUnicorns5 Thu 19-May-16 11:48:56

Did you ask on Mrs Gloss too?

Ive been looking for one for ages, I want a jersey / silky type fabric that I can glide down the stairs and swish round the living room in....grin

GrappaTR Thu 18-Aug-16 02:01:24

MIght be a bit late now, but you should give bamboo fabric a go, they are very soft and floaty, more like a viscose than a cotton, but sustainable. Verrykerry.com have some amazing kimono dressing gowns. A bit expensive but really unique. Here's a selection of their long gowns:
www.verrykerry.com/women/kimono-dressing-gowns/long-dressing-gowns-218.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now