Recommend a home hair ripper outer? Not shave/cream

(6 Posts)
duro1 Wed 18-May-16 19:35:59

I used to always get my legs wax but as single parent with baby don't have the chance to get them done. I got a home waxing kit but was a disaster. I don't like those removal creams and shaving just gives me more hair and stubble after a day... yuk!

Any recommendations?

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Wed 18-May-16 19:38:07

Epilators are good, easy to use and lasts a couple of weeks for me. I'm really hairy though, so it might last longer if you have light/sparse hair. smile

duro1 Thu 19-May-16 07:44:14

Does epilator make them grow back more? Can you recommend one at all.... so many don't know what to look for!

NewToRenting Thu 19-May-16 08:36:27

Braun ones are fabulous, I have used them for years. Mine is an old model, but it has 2 separate attachments - one for epilating (pulling hair from roots - I use this for arms and legs), the other for shaving (I use this one for underarms and bikini area). Look for one that is cordless (rechargeable) and safe to use in the shower. Mine also has an attachment for the face, but I have not tried that.

Mishaps Thu 19-May-16 08:39:29

Epilators are good - the hairs on my legs gave up growing completely after using them for a few years. It is many years since I had to shave them. It definitely does not make the hair grow more - quite the opposite I found. I also have a facial one for upper lip and that is fine too. A bit uncomfortable, but if you do it in short bursts it is fine.

taybert Thu 19-May-16 08:51:59

Have you thought of a mobile beauty therapist? You can get waxed, children can play with Spider-Man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now