Best cold sore treatment?

(11 Posts)
Fuzzypeggy Wed 18-May-16 11:22:49

I'm panicking! Wedding to go to on sat and can feel a cold sore starting, can anyone recommend something that will help?

CarpeJugulum Wed 18-May-16 11:24:07

Lysine tablets from Holland & Barrett. Cleared up mine that had been recurring for about a month, and stop them when I feel a tingle. They are awesome!

Fuzzypeggy Wed 18-May-16 11:45:10

Thanks!

Fuzzypeggy Wed 18-May-16 11:46:01

Tablets though? What do you do with them to help clear up a cold sore? Swallow them or are they liquid in capsules?

CarpeJugulum Wed 18-May-16 13:05:17

Swallow them. They are amino acid tablets - and I have no clue how it works, but it does.

Tablets

OrchardDweller Wed 18-May-16 13:08:18

Ice cube - wrap it in tea towel and keep it on the spot where you feel the cold sore coming through for about 30 minutes. Don't know why it works but it does for me!

missmartha01 Wed 18-May-16 13:19:04

Zovirax cream. It's the only thing that works for me. Just a little blob on a cold sore and it will disappear. Well it works for me, I always have a tube in my bag just in case.

wohmum Wed 18-May-16 13:23:11

Zovirax cream works for me to.

I also cary a spare or 2 with me - one in handbag, one in make-up bag and one in purse - as I will always have one of those with me at all times and if you use it at eth first sign , it generally stops it in its tracks.

ChesterFuckingDraws Wed 18-May-16 13:23:20

the only thing that works for me are aciclovir tablets from my GP really stops it and helps heal quickly.
I get horrendous cold sores (massive swelling and giant blisters - I looks like I've been beaten up) ice really helps the swelling and I dry out the blister with neat vodka if I miss taking the tablets at the first tingle.

If it's only small the compeed patches are meAnt to be good and you can put makeup over them to disguise it too.

Fuzzypeggy Wed 18-May-16 13:24:18

Great, thanks everyone

fuzzywuzzy Wed 18-May-16 13:25:13

Lysine gel from Holland and Barrett works like magic and used alongside lemon balm capsules works really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now