Hairdryer recommendations please

(13 Posts)
CheeseEloise1 Wed 18-May-16 10:02:48

Having read older threads, I recently had a moment of craziness and ordered a Parlux as it seemed a particularly good price (around £70) and had good reviews.
I had always had cheap hairdryers in the past so was really looking forward to it. However, not only did it arrive with a European plug, but once I plugged it into a travel adapter, it did not work. Amazon will take it back but can't replace it as it is third party.
It has made me think that maybe I was being mad spending £70 on a hairdryer. There seems to be a lot more ionic and titanium or ceramic on the market than just Parlux, and for much cheaper.
Is a Parlux really worth it or can you recommend another hairdryer that you have been happy with? Fizz control and shorter drying time would be important.

NattyGolfJerkin Wed 18-May-16 10:04:48

Parlux 385.

Small, quiet, efficient. Brilliant.

WoodleyPixie Wed 18-May-16 10:17:37

Ghd air. Fab no frizz.

Before that I had a mark hill one from boots that was good. It was zebra print and was about £30 half price. It lasted for years and it's still in the cupboard as a spare. So I would recommend that brand as well

WoodleyPixie Wed 18-May-16 10:19:39

This looks good a bit classier looking than my zebra print number wink

m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?path=%2Fen%2FMark-Hill-salon-professional-perfect-blow-dry-AC-dryer_1750698%2F&unCountry=uk

CheeseEloise1 Wed 18-May-16 21:15:08

Was it good to get rid of frizz Woody?

CheeseEloise1 Wed 18-May-16 21:15:52

Sorry, I meant Woodleypine!

Patapouf Wed 18-May-16 23:39:25

Parlux is the only hairdryer I have loved I have very very thick curly/frizzy/wild hair and the parlux dries it all in no time. And athe grand old age of 25 I've finally mastered a sleek blow dry.

Order one with a UK plug, it's worth it! It's very lightweight so you won't get tired arms and it's incredibly powerful.

CheeseEloise1 Thu 19-May-16 22:20:22

Which one do you have Patapouf and where did you get it?

RaisingSteam Thu 19-May-16 23:33:36

You might want to look at ETI which are also salon dryers. I think mine is an Eti turbo 2000, seriously powerful, very good results with a good brush.

dragonsarebest Thu 19-May-16 23:34:55

Diva veloce. Works as well as a parlour but half the price.

tigerdriverII Thu 19-May-16 23:37:15

Parlux 385. I love mine especially because it's a lovely shade of green <<shallow>>

Absentmindedwoman Thu 19-May-16 23:40:57

Diva. Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago and I think it's great.

CheeseEloise1 Fri 20-May-16 17:16:09

Thanks. I think I'm going to go for the Diva Veloce as it has the most incredible reviews

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now