Friend feels like sack of spuds! Please help find a dress..,

(9 Posts)
PinotPony Tue 17-May-16 18:08:37

I invited my friend to a day at Ascot so she's been looking for a dress. She's a size 22 top with big boobs and tummy but slim legs.

She's looked at SimplyBe, Curvissa and Yoursclothing but can't find anything. I think she's getting really low about it. sad I feel bad for her as it was meant to be a fun day out and she is miserable.

Can anyone suggest a good store for a smart plus size dress? I'm wondering whether actually trying some dresses on in store with a helpful shop assistant or even personal shopper would be a better idea than ordering online..?

Siolence Tue 17-May-16 18:33:35

Have a look at this blog, might be ideas on there.
fullerfigurefullerbust.com/category/dresses/

DianaT1969 Tue 17-May-16 18:35:56

I feel for her. Totally been there. Would this work with the right accessories and some edgy footwear?

BikeRunSki Tue 17-May-16 18:40:09

Boden go up to 22.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 17-May-16 21:34:25

Simply be is going through a bit of a drab stage, ATM. And the nice dresses in there. You need a second mortgage to buy them.
Has she tried Lindy bop. The clothes on there are gorgeous. I think they go up to size 26.

NinjaTwat Tue 17-May-16 21:39:44

www.very.co.uk/ax-paris-curve-floral-print-bodyconnbspdress/1600064358.prd

Pencil dresses are very good for big boobs

She could also add a tailored/fitted long lightwieght cardigan or coat so she doesn't feel so exposed.

NinjaTwat Tue 17-May-16 22:21:59

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gemma-Collins-Evans-Floral-Print-Chilli-Pencil-Fitted-Bodycon-Dress-Sz-20-22-24-/282011309432?nav=SEARCH

May more eveningy
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monsoon-Blue-Lacey-Lace-Wiggle-Pencil-Occasion-Wedding-dress-Size-22-Worn-Once-/322088787655?nav=SEARCH

HouseOfBiscuits Tue 17-May-16 23:36:48

Debenhams Plus Size Dresses

Kummerspeck Tue 17-May-16 23:55:35

Personal shoppers can be great but can only work with the brands that are available in their store. If she is going to book in with one it is worth ringing and asking if they have suitable ranges to pick from as even a great stylist could struggle without much to pick from.

I am a similar size and have really struggled to buy nice clothes recently. I don't understand how women are, apparently, getting larger yet the plus-size clothing market has got far worse in the last few years.

What about ASOS curve or Marisota? Ann Harvey might be worth a look although it has gone a older recently

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now