Help me find a go to outfit for the rare occasions I actually go out out?

(10 Posts)
Birdienumnums Tue 17-May-16 15:47:20

I posted yesterday about finding a dress for a 40th this weekend and have struck out entirely so thought I'd move to something that can be dressed up or down, would work for dinner with dh (rare), drinks out with friends (blue), parties (positively dripping).
A top?
A dress?
A jumpsuit? I'm kind of liking this idea if I could find the right thing.

I don't like fussy or frou frou. I do like cos, whistles, other stories etc but am not fitting into them at the moment hmm.

I'm 5'4, size 16, big tummy, 34ff boobs, and have legs like tree trunks - as do all the women in my family.

I had a disastrous personal shopping experience at JL this morning where there was not one thing on the shop floor in my size. Sob.

Help!! I need something I can grab and not feel shit in.

slug Tue 17-May-16 15:56:42

This is my cocktail dress I'm a size 16-18 with 34GG boobs. It looks the bomb.

slug Tue 17-May-16 16:00:24

Sorry, posted too soon. They have a shop in Bloomsbury, near Tottenham Court Road tube if you are in London. I went in there one afternoon on a mission to find a cocktail dress and they managed to find 7 or 8 that fitted and looked fantastic.

Birdienumnums Tue 17-May-16 20:43:07

Slug, that is bloody gorgeous and I'll definitely check them out. Think it might be too dressy for a night out at the pub for me but fab for a party.

MadSprocker Tue 17-May-16 20:53:45

Have you tried Asos curve?

WipsGlitter Tue 17-May-16 20:53:57

slug that is fab!!

Birdienumnums Wed 18-May-16 07:36:24

MadSprocker, I seem to forget about Asos. Will try to get on there this morning. Thanks

Birdienumnums Wed 18-May-16 08:07:40

Most of the Asos Curve clothes start at an 18. Most of the high st stores finish at a 14 or small 16. Argh.

MadSprocker Wed 18-May-16 08:20:05

How rubbish confused what about Boden? (Hear me out) that do a selection of styles in a variety of sizes. I often buy stuff from there for my husbands work do's as they fit that image better IYSWIM. It's not all dodgy prints 😀

Birdienumnums Wed 18-May-16 10:00:35

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and check them out grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now