Botox question from newbie

(9 Posts)
frank2011 Tue 17-May-16 14:09:58

Bitten the bullet & booked in for Botox & fillers next week. Can't tell husband as he is against it.

I need to meet him & friends within a couple of hours of treatment- will you be able to tell I've had it. Don't want to rearrange as have hardly any free time & this doctor is booked up month in advance.

Will I look like a pin cushion ?

Buttwing Tue 17-May-16 14:29:15

Depends how sensitive you are. I can only comment on Botox as I've never had fillers. The doctor I see takes my makeup off the areas he injects so I wouldn't say I was looking my best afterwards! I don't have any marks though unless you look really closely. My friend is really sensitive and it takes about an hour for the marks to go. She gets a bit of a puffy area around each injection, she marks very easily though.

Buttwing Tue 17-May-16 14:30:02

Sorry I've just seen your meeting within a couple of hours, you will be fine!

Aquamarine70 Tue 17-May-16 15:08:05

I usually have a few pin prick marks but they're not that noticeable. I also have a slight icy cold feeling in my forehead.

singingsixpence82 Tue 17-May-16 15:53:07

I had a tiny but noticeable bruise in one of the 6 injection sites when I got it done. You might want to think up a story just in case that happens as it's not uncommon (by no means guaranteed to happen though).

XiCi Tue 17-May-16 21:15:10

The botox will probably be unnoticeable but I think it will be pretty obvious that you have had filler. Where are you having filler? Anywhere around the mouth tends to swell up and there will be redness. I had quite bad bruising as well for over a week (marionette lines). There's no way I could have kept it from my husband unless I'd have worn make up 24/7

ImBrian Tue 17-May-16 21:18:17

Botox will be fine, I had red bumps for about 5 minutes but that was it. Fillers on the other hand make you swell do you might not get away with those.

barleysugar Tue 17-May-16 21:20:41

I bruised after filler, but not after Botox. You might have little bloody pinpricks too. An ice pack afterwards might help.

frank2011 Thu 19-May-16 23:30:12

Thanks everyone. Botox was fine but left with red swollen marks from nose yo mouth where filler put in. Covered up with make up but actually looks worse this evening.
How long for swelling to go down?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now