Found, at last: THE perfect vest...

(16 Posts)
Marthacliffscumbag Mon 16-May-16 09:42:28

Sweet Jesus of Nazareth, after spending most of my adult life searching for the perfect vest I finally have it in my possession!
It doesn't sound much does it? I mean, how hard can it be to find a great vest? Impossible I tell you, it's impossible.
They are either one or all of the following:
Too short
Too long
Cut too high on the neck, very unflattering.
Cut too low in the neck = tits on toast
Fabric too thick, adds bulk and is unlattering
Too flimsy
Cut too low or high under the arm = arm flab is a friend to nobody.
Deigned so it's impossible to wear a bra underneath (racer back in looking at you) or designed so your bra is in show.

This vest of wonder is none of these! It's a beauty, so well cut, fits beautifully, is tres flattering so I bought 6.
Best of all it was £4 from H&M......£4!!!!!!!

Nabootique Mon 16-May-16 09:44:22

Oooh, I have similar vest issues, especially the too bloody short bit, and I love me some H&M. Do they have it on the website do you know?

Marthacliffscumbag Mon 16-May-16 09:45:39

Not sure nab, I bought it in store, I never use the H&M website, delivery is so bloody slow I swear they send it by rowing boat.

Nabootique Mon 16-May-16 10:48:34

Agreed! I just wanted to know which was the magical vest! I will check them out when next in store. Love "tits on toast" by the way grin

Marthacliffscumbag Mon 16-May-16 10:51:50

I'll have a look a try to post the link

Marthacliffscumbag Mon 16-May-16 10:53:49

m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0355072012.html

dogrilla Mon 16-May-16 10:59:16

Agreed. They do by far the best vests. I like the ribbed ones in a size bigger than I normally am because there's nothing worse than a gut/love handles hanging out of the bottom. H&M vests last too - I've got drawers of 'em and some have gone on for years.

skippy67 Mon 16-May-16 11:15:15

They've sorted out the delivery problems now. Usually delivered within 2-3 days. I'm impressed, and that doesn't happen often!

Marthacliffscumbag Mon 16-May-16 12:12:56

Oh good skippy, haven't used them online for over a year, stuff was taking 2 weeks to arrive!

Mrs9C Mon 16-May-16 16:26:55

I agree! I've tried vests from everywhere possible. My fav used to be Primark before I discovered H&M, just like OP says, brill!

AdoraKiora Mon 16-May-16 17:09:18

Yes, H&M vests are indeed the holy grail of vests! It used to be Topshop, but the quality dipped and the prices went up simultaneously a few years back angry.

I discovered H&M vests this when up-duffed - their maternity vests are THE best.

I then got the non-maternity vests and they're great. They wash really well, too.
I have some that are 3 years old and still going strong.

BossyOfficerFlossie Mon 16-May-16 17:33:22

How do they come up size wise? XS is 6-8, S is 10-12, I am an 8 but with big boobs as still breastfeeding....

Marthacliffscumbag Mon 16-May-16 18:26:45

Well I'm a size 8-10, 34d boobs and I got the small which fits perfectly.

Ilovetorrentialrain Mon 16-May-16 19:44:51

This is very good to know, thanks. Good vests are hard to find!

I've been raving about H&M vests on here forever. I love the longer cotton ones, with adjustable spaghetti straps.

Marthacliffscumbag Mon 16-May-16 19:56:38

The perfect White t shirt is next on my list......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now