Bronzer - which one and how do I use it?

(13 Posts)
MeIAm Sat 14-May-16 18:25:07

Just that really! Have update my make up to keep up with my ever ageing skin. I'm missing something though and I think it's some sort of bronzer type of thing! Haven't used bronzer for about 20 years and I remember it being shimmery, one colour fits all - that's not the look I'm going for so maybe it's not a bronzer I need? confused

What do you use to get that little hint of sun kissed skin once the rest of your make up is on? To lift your face a little. And where exactly do you put it?

Equiem89 Sat 14-May-16 18:29:25

Benefit hoola. It's matt, doesn't have any shimmer. You use it in 3 shape either side of your face

candykane25 Sat 14-May-16 18:33:26

Yes benefit hooks and benefit cots lists. Big brush, from hairline on forehead start the number 3 with the middle of the 3 on your cheeks. Brush off excess. Some people do a quick sweep of nose and con too but if it's glittery bronzer than will make for a very shiny nose.

candykane25 Sat 14-May-16 18:34:11

Ffs hoola and coralista

Donge13 Sat 14-May-16 18:34:44

Definitely benefit hoola and as pp have said

ElspethFlashman Sat 14-May-16 18:35:53

Benefit Hoola is foolproof as its very light. The Guerlain ones are popular as there's a light one in that range too (I think it's called Les Blondes or similar) but it's probably pricier and smells like Parma Voilets

I do a quick sweep at temples, under cheekbones and under double chin. So yeah....a 3 shape! And then only if my nose looks weirdly white a quick dust on that and my chin. But "quick" is the word! 5 seconds and you should be done! You don't want to look like Scarlett from Gogglebox! (Love love love her but omg the orange....)

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 14-May-16 19:06:01

Benefit Hoola doesn't suit my complexion at all, I looked grubby.

I bought a St Tropez pressed powder bronzer, really nice, no shimmer

MinnieF1 Sat 14-May-16 21:53:08

Park avenue princess by Tarte is lovely and very neutral (there's a matte and a shimmer so check that you get the right one if you go for it).

It makes my benefit hoola look orange when swatched side by side. I am very pale though, so I appreciate that might not be a problem for a lot of people.

ArieltheMermaid1720 Sat 14-May-16 21:53:25

Nars Laguna, not a hint of shimmer.

BubsAndMoo Sat 14-May-16 21:57:47

Too Faced Milk Chocolate is lovely, I am quite pale and it works well for me, and smells lovely smile

MeIAm Sun 15-May-16 07:21:12

So I need to use it lightly, in a 3. Now I just need to choose one. Hoopla was looking like a unanimous vote to start with, found a little trial size one at Boots so may order that to try. Then if that doesn't suit me I won't feel guilty spending on others grin

Thank you all very much!

andadietcoke Sun 15-May-16 07:24:34

The Aerin 'pretty illuminating' one is lovely. Comes in a couple of shades and is very flattering. The Charlotte Tilbury one has more pigment which I'm just getting used to, but is good for contouring a bit too

Tate15 Sun 15-May-16 07:46:17

This is the best I've ever used. Very natural and not how it appears in the compact!
www.lavera.de/en/products/p/mineral-sun-glow-powder-golden-sahara-01-435/?no_cache=1&cHash=dd17b052fec63903238a46044442feeb

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now