stripping hair

(6 Posts)
Shortandsweet20 Fri 13-May-16 13:14:19

Has anyone heard or used colour b4 hair colour remover?
I dyed my hair a dark brown a few months ago, my natural colour is a dark blonde and I've decided I want to go back blonde!

I've tried head and shoulders leaving it on for a few hours and then washing out and it is working but very slowly! So I'm looking for a way I can strip it down slightly so it isn't too hard to transition back to blonde! The colour b4 is sold in boots but the reviews are all old ones! Or are there any other recommendations that won't completely kill my hair?

youlittlecharmer Fri 13-May-16 15:33:06

yes it works! you have to follow the instructions to the letter, it uses a ton of water and absolutely stinks (think rotten eggs...) but will bring your hair back to natural, unless you've previously had bleach on it. it does tend to leave your hair quite 'warm' so may want to get some purple shampoo if that would bother you.

VioletShmiolet Fri 13-May-16 20:23:12

I'm in exactly the same position as you! I want to get rid of a dark brown colour that I used a few months ago. I bought a pack of colour b4 and did a strand test last weekend and I couldn't believe the result, it was amazing! My hair is naturally brown and it looks like it lifted further than that, probably bleach that's still underneath. I bought the extra strength version and an ash toned colour to apply after to kill the warm tones.

ladedah Fri 13-May-16 20:29:22

yes it works, yes it stinks and yes it takes forever and you'll be bored of the endless rinsing. also agree with having purple shampoo or toner handy in case it needs it, good luck!

mollyonthemove Fri 13-May-16 20:53:27

Is there any for blonde dye? I kept doing mine but think i should just accept the grey!

coveredinhopeandvaseline Sat 14-May-16 07:55:01

Colour B4 works but can sometimes revert back to dark again (oxidation) Decolour Remover is much better as it doesn't tend to oxidise. I've used all the dye removers over the years.
In relation to Colour B4, I find the cheaper ones like JoBaz, Superdrug's own brand etc work just as well.
But Decolour Remover is the best. Don't get Decolour 'Stripper' though as it'll bleach your hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now