Bikini novice - why can't I find underwired size B cups that fit??

(10 Posts)
Millionprammiles Fri 13-May-16 08:44:00

I'm really struggling to find a bikini that fits and that I vaguely like. I need something underwired and am usually a 34B.
So far every bikini I've tried is either too big or the wrong shape in the cup (those stiff shaped balconette type ones just look too big, even the A cup)
or too padded (I really don't want any padding) or too flowery/fussy (I'd prefer a minimal block colour or monochrome). Oh and I prefer halterneck just to make it more tricky.

Lots I saw in my size had no underwiring. Others I liked the look of only started from a D cup.

Where do you buy yours from? Its not the sort of thing I can face trying to buy online as think I'd have to order and return so many...

I now realise why I've never bought a bikini before!

DianaT1969 Fri 13-May-16 09:29:13

I don't think underwires are popular for B cups and I think your only hope is by filtering online - you'll struggle to come across what you're looking for in the shops.
Huit is lovely for colour block/French simplicity.
This one isn't underwired, but nice
http://www.huit.com/lingerie/absolutelychic/mae16/foamsupportt_triangle_bra.aspx?colour=marine
Try Panache too.

Millionprammiles Fri 13-May-16 09:48:12

Pre breastfeeding I could have got away with no underwiring but sadly no longer...

Drinksforeveryone Fri 13-May-16 09:52:15

Are yu sure you are a 34B ?

I used to wear 36B, then a 34C

After reading the bra intervention thread on here I am now the proud owner of 32E boobs and bras. And i don't have huge ones.

I like good structured bikini tops - my most recent was Fantasie from House of Fraser (in the sale)

MsMacadamia Fri 13-May-16 09:53:16

Are you really a 34B? That suggests very little difference in under and overbust measurement (2 inches). Have you seen the bra intervention threads? Try a 30E.

RedLipsBigWings Fri 13-May-16 09:53:23

If you need underwiring then you're not a B cup.

Here

LaCerbiatta Fri 13-May-16 10:36:44

I'm a 34B. It is possible!! And i also need umderwire. And yes i have measured myself and followed all the bra intervention roules. They don't always work on someone with no back fat and no under arm boobs to scoop in.

LaCerbiatta Fri 13-May-16 10:41:39

How about this? Boden swimwear is such good quality and 20% off today

Millionprammiles Fri 13-May-16 11:24:28

Oh crikey.... I'd assumed 34B was right as my usual M&S bras in that size fit well - back strap not riding too high, no overspill underarms or at back etc. Admittedly I had to try a few on to find the right one.

Will try a bigger cup and smaller back size to see if any better, thanks for the tip. This is definitely something I need to do in store though, haven't got time for multiple returns unless I can do them in store.

tabpepsi Fri 13-May-16 20:43:54

have you tried asos? they have loads of bra size bikinis - small band sizes and up to g cup in some things.

i know you said you'd rather go to a store you can return free via collect plus which i find no more difficult than returning to a store. the newsagents or co-op supermarkets are open til 10pm. its opened up a huge range of things to me.

im actually a 34 b too, 34 under bust, 36 at greatest part - i followed bra intervention. i also need an underwire to hold all my under armpit tissue into the cup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now