Could someone help me style this dress?

(13 Posts)
MrPony Mon 09-May-16 20:48:42

dress

Going to a wedding at the end of the month and I need to accessorise this dress. I'm no good at fashion but the colour of this jumped out at me and I feel good in it, I just need help with the rest!
I have hobbit feet so I don't want something that shows them off massively. I'm also a bit crap at heels and will be running around after kids most of the day too so they need to be comfy!

Do I just need shoes and a bag or do I need other stuff too? Don't have a big budget. Thanks in advance for any help. smile

MrsLettuce Mon 09-May-16 21:25:47

Oh I love that!

Shoes and a bag you'll need, a bracelet type thing would be good if you can stretch to it. You'll be find without a jacket (unless it's likely to be cold). What shoe size do you take?

Will have a rummage for you.

MrsLettuce Mon 09-May-16 22:15:53

these look perfect, but would they be OK heel wise?
better?

Is the lining of the dress actually pale yellow or something else? Is very hard to tell!

ProfessorPickles Mon 09-May-16 22:18:24

Love the dress OP, I like the white heels PP has suggested. I think you need a contrast and white would be nice, matching the colour would be too much I feel.

You're going to look amazing!

MrsLettuce Mon 09-May-16 22:22:07

Mmm, I either the shoes or bag should be a yellow and the other white really. Mixed pastels would work too.

burnishedsilver Mon 09-May-16 23:16:47

I'd like yellow shoes and a blue bag or vice versa.

MrPony Tue 10-May-16 07:43:44

Thanks, I feel a bit more reassured now!
Love both those shoes to be honest. Would both white shoes and bag look ok? I don't need a fascinator do I?

I like the idea of putting a new colour with it, I would never have thought of it.

Kr1stina Tue 10-May-16 09:24:40

It woudo be much easier to find a white bag and white shoes and you woudo be able to wear them with other things as white goes with almost anything summery.

If your budget is tight I'd spend more on the shoes and economise on the bag .

Kr1stina Tue 10-May-16 09:27:00

Do you like any of these ? White mid heel sandals

www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/heeled-sandals/mid-heel/white/_/N-9pzZsc6Z1z141ufZ1z141xx#results

Kr1stina Tue 10-May-16 09:28:42

White bags

www.newlook.com/shop/womens/bags-purses/evening-bags/white/_/N-9ujZ1z141u9Z1z141xx?Nf=sort.price.uk%7CBTWN+0.0+38.0&lmax=50#results

MerryMarigold Tue 10-May-16 09:34:08

That dress is my fav colour abd I'm going to paint my chimney breast and ceiling in it!! Personally I think it looks great with a number of colours - red (shoes and lips), electric blue, grey. I don't like white much but I prefer a funkier look so maybe it's not for you. I agree that the shoes or bag should match, but you could go brighter with the bag/ jewellery.

MerryMarigold Tue 10-May-16 09:36:19

Bah that's so unclear. I agree that the shoes or bag should match dress. I would go shoes if you want to draw less attention to your feet and then get creative with the rest!

LuckySantangelo1 Tue 10-May-16 10:16:13

I have this dress! And I'm wearing it to a wedding. I am styling it with metallic and wood heels and a rattan clutch bag. Delicate gold bracelet and gold climber earrings. I'm undecided on a jacket yet, it's August so I'm hoping I won't need one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now