Lightweight sun cream for oily skin?

(12 Posts)
CaveMum Mon 09-May-16 16:47:56

I have very oily skin on my face and regular suncreams make me look like I've basted myself in oil and bring me out in spots.

Can anyone recommend a lightweight suncreams I can try? Regular suncreams are fine on the rest of my body and when I'm at work and wearing make up that has SPF in it, but I don't want to have to apply foundation every single day if I don't have to!

Plexie Mon 09-May-16 17:51:25

Vichy's Mattifying Face Dry Touch works well for me:
www.vichy.co.uk/sun-protection/mattifying-face-dry-touch-spf-30-ideal-soleil/p15705.aspx

I don't know if it's available in shops in the UK as I bought mine in France, but it can be bought online. Actually Boots have it on offer on their website:
www.boots.com/en/Vichy-Ideal-Soleil-Mattifying-Face-Dry-Touch-SPF30-50ml_1643049/

La Roche-Posay do something similar:
www.laroche-posay.co.uk/product-treatments/Anthelios/Anthelios-AC-SPF-30-Matte-Fluid-p10034.aspx

It's currently on Boots' website on offer for £12 instead of £16:
www.boots.com/en/La-Roche-Posay/Suncare/

Products from both brands can be found in larger branches of Boots so they might stock those particular sunscreens in-store too.

CaveMum Mon 09-May-16 18:05:53

Ooh, thanks. I use La Roche Possay face wash so do like their products. I'll have a look in my local branch to see if they stock the suncream.

hollieberrie Mon 09-May-16 18:08:48

I like Anthelios:
www.laroche-posay.co.uk/article/Anthelios-range/a15437.aspx

Paddypaws3 Mon 09-May-16 19:42:32

I've literally just come on to ask the same!

Indecisivejo Mon 09-May-16 19:55:17

Lrp also do an anti shine dry touch gel/cream

CaveMum Tue 10-May-16 07:56:04

Those that have used the LRP products do you find the fluid or the gel more effective at keeping shine at bay?

AuntieMaggie Tue 10-May-16 08:40:37

Watching with interest as I was looking at buying the Anthelios but wasn't sure whether to go for the matte or ultra light? And what about tinted vs non tinted?

Pooseyfrumpture Tue 10-May-16 09:07:46

Sali Hughes had an article out at the weekend (http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2016/may/07/best-lightweight-facial-sunblock-beauty-sali-hughes) and recommended the Anthelios tinted gel.

herethereandeverywhere Tue 10-May-16 10:10:02

I bought the Anthelios one but found it left a white powdery finish on my face. Anyone else have this issue?

I usually use this one which I buy in Spain but it's available here online:
Isdin

There's another Gel one by Isdin (they recommend it for hairy people(!) but it doesn't have an oil base so isn't greasy) I like that one too.

HeyMacWey Tue 10-May-16 10:14:06

Biore watery essence spf is brilliant. Beats any Western spf hands down.
Dries down v Matt. I use it instead of moisturiser in the summer.
Is also broad spectrum spf.
You'll need to buy online.

CaveMum Tue 10-May-16 11:29:17

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Nice to know I'm not the only one in this boat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now