What's the best fake tan, ideally for about a tenner (less would be even better........)?

(8 Posts)
ShoesieQ Mon 09-May-16 15:34:03

I've just realised that the St Tropez I bought in the days when I had money has run out sad

Ideally I'd like to replace it with something that costs a bit less, but doesn't make me look like an Oompa Loompa that's overdosed on carrots confused

Any suggestions please?

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Mon 09-May-16 15:34:59

During the war they used tea bags.

littlewoollypervert Mon 09-May-16 15:40:23

Cocoa Brown mousse. V dark when it first goes on (designed to give instant colour for teenagers getting ready for a night out!) but if you leave it overnight, the colour underneath develops nicely. It's much better/subtler after the morning shower, I find.

cherrytree63 Mon 09-May-16 15:45:56

I'm pale skinned (and burn easily) and always used St Tropez when I was flush. Now I'm always broke I use Palmers (the cocoa butter brand). It doesn't give you instant colour but does develop over a couple of days (so you don't go home from work bright white and go in the next day brown) and is easy to get even without streaks.

cherrytree63 Mon 09-May-16 15:46:39

Ps it's about £6

daisydukes34 Mon 09-May-16 15:46:47

St mortitz it's pretty much the same as st tropez.

poorbuthappy Mon 09-May-16 15:47:16

I am using Dove light, but its making me look orange. I need something to make me look like weak tea so I still look natural rather than tango'd!

ShoesieQ Mon 09-May-16 16:22:47

Poor - me too, any of those gradual tanners turn me tangerine. blush

Though am tempted to try the Palmers one cos if it smells like their Cocoa butter range that's a whole load better than smelling of digestives. grin

Little that sounds a bit scary tbh, but have heard others rave about it so perhaps I should woman up and give it a go. But II'll probably start with Daisy's suggestion as if St M's like St T that would work for me.

Thanks everyone! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now