Work to drinks outfit

(9 Posts)
Pinkvici22 Sun 08-May-16 20:42:22

I work in a corporate environment Q wear skirt/dress suits most days and my work wardrobe is pretty sorted. However....I'm at a dress down day in work on Friday - would usually wear smart skinny jeans, heels, nice t shirt or blouse and blazer. That but I can handle.

But...I am meeting friends for drinks after the work bit. It'll be a mix of friends outside work and from work. I have no idea what to wear.

I thought I could maybe wear a shirt dress with skinny jeans for the day and then lose the jeans, tidy my hair and make up, possible add accessories and be ready for the evening. I have no idea what shoes I could wear though. I don't want to look overdressed and I seem to struggle with "outfits for drinks". I can do work wear, casual and very dressed up but struggle with in between!!

Please help!!

Pinkvici22 Sun 08-May-16 20:42:57

Sorry I didn't mean that to be so long!!

Should add I'm 35, size 10-12...

andintothefire Sun 08-May-16 21:48:32

I love shirt dresses both for work and for drinks - easy to dress up and down. Personally I probably wouldn't wear them over jeans, but if you like that style then no problem. Maybe jazz it up with a nice belt for the drinks, depending on the style?

Do you have any short ankle boots with a small/midi heel? I live in those during spring and they work well with shirt dresses! I don't know what your budget is but Sam Edelman does some nice ones, along with Russell & Bromley.

Trills Sun 08-May-16 21:50:28

I would just wear whatever i was normally going to wear to work.

Presumably everyone else is also coming straight from work?

Trills Sun 08-May-16 21:52:21

Where are you going for drinks? Will it also be full of people who came straight from work, or do you work in the kind of town where people go home and change?

Pinkvici22 Sun 08-May-16 21:53:07

Thanks both.

I have a huge collection of shoes and boots but really don't think I have quite what I need!!!

I could just go straight in whatever I wear - one of the issues is I'd be happier in a dress for drinks but the day venue is always freezing so I don't want to go bare legged! I suppose I could wear tights?!

Pinkvici22 Sun 08-May-16 21:54:22

Trills it's not in anywhere I've been before. I work in the location once every 6 months but never been out afterwards. I think it'll probably be a hotel bar we meet at.

Trills Sun 08-May-16 21:56:11

Friday is supposed to be noticeably colder than this weekend has been.=, so you probably will want tights anyway.

Pinkvici22 Sun 08-May-16 22:15:59

Ah good point thank you!

Any boot suggestions for wearing with a shirt dress?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now