Smart shoes for work in the summer

(17 Posts)
PersisFord Sun 08-May-16 14:45:07

Hello, please help, I'm clueless! I have a new job which entails dressing like a grown up but also quite a lot of walking. I have nice brogues to go with my new grown up trousers but need something to go with dresses and skirts. I really wanted some brown suede moccasins but can't find anything nice at all that is comfy enough to traipse around in all day. I tried on these which were soooo comfy but not really very pretty and also a bit studenty I thought. I have had enough of ballet flats and I find all court type shoes too grown up for me!

Is there a class of shoe that I'm missing?

Oly5 Sun 08-May-16 15:15:49

I got these for work to wear with skirts
Smart and really comfy
www.moshulu.co.uk/m/ladies/shoes/pumpkin_tan.htm

wombattoo Sun 08-May-16 17:31:32

Persis - your link doesn't seem to work.
I'll have a look around

phoolani Sun 08-May-16 17:33:40

Is saying 'loafers' too obvious?

Lunaballoon Sun 08-May-16 18:14:36

These are smart and comfortable and come in patent too.

PersisFord Sun 08-May-16 19:14:58

Gah sorry try this

Those are nice luna but I'm a bit worried about the heel.....do you find them comfy all day?

oly those are really nice! Did you try them on somewhere in the flesh?

phoolani grin but which loafers?

PersisFord Sun 08-May-16 19:15:36

That link takes you to a pink pair, I wanted the brown, sorry!

Littleallovertheshop Sun 08-May-16 19:19:07

Those moshulus are lovely - I had a pair a couple of years ago and they were the best shoes I've ever had. I've got a lot of problems with my feet and they were amazing. (moshulu ballet pumps, not that specific pair)

fiorentina Sun 08-May-16 20:23:07

I have wedge sandals for summer work, they are really comfortable. Also some slight platform style sandals, again surprisingly comfy. Also some patent loafers and patent pointed flats.

Oly5 Sun 08-May-16 20:24:12

all moshulus are comfy
i did try them on cos i vary in size

candykane25 Sun 08-May-16 20:33:20

I git two pairs of loafers from M&S, a tan leather pair and a blue suede pair. Not foxglove type, but quite classic and stylish imp. The tan pair I have worn loads and are lasting well. The blue pair are knackered already - it's the suede, it just can't hack it.
FitFlop do leather sandals with cork platform heels which are ridiculously comfortable. Like walking on air.
Good old clarks are good, I can even wear heels from there - it's because they are wider so less pressure and squishy was, and lots of cushioning.
I also tend to go half a size up and then put in a gel or foam sole insert.

phoolani Sun 08-May-16 22:35:05

These loafers www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,30/1162745843
I have recommended them on MN before and nobody ever likes them 🙄 but I have them in several colours and they go with everything. And no, I didn't like the big flaps at first, but they really do balance the shoe out. They're gert lush.

phoolani Sun 08-May-16 22:37:15

why do my office links never work?? They're the Extravaganza loafer.

PersisFord Mon 09-May-16 08:28:24

The trouble with shoes like that phoo is that I have massive feet and they actually do look exactly like boats on me. I have tried them a lot! They look OK with trousers but I look ridiculous in skirts as I have tiny bony ankles then enormous feet grin

PersisFord Mon 09-May-16 08:56:58

What do you guys think of these? I tried then early in my shoe buying adventure and they annoyed me as the dangly bits are really heavy and chime against each other as you walk. Maybe I should be less fussy though.....

candykane25 Mon 09-May-16 09:16:49

I like the look of them persis. But if they bug you, that's not good.

Petal02 Mon 09-May-16 09:54:19

Oly5 I love the shoes you linked. I was going to suggest something similar:

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26108742

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now