IPL Home Use With NO NO?

(5 Posts)
danni2016 Sat 07-May-16 23:50:12

Hi

I just did my first home IPL session, so far no hairs have shedded (read it can take up to 3 weeks) it has been 12 days so far. I have been treating my face but I have very face hair growth (heredity) so am using those facial hair removal pads dailysad

Prior to purchaing my IPL machine I bought the NO NO can't say I am impressed but it does make removing the surface hair easier than the pads alone.

My question is does anyone know if I am okay to use the NO NO as a way of removing the hair inbetween IPL sessions? It doesn't remove the hair from the root but will the heat affect the effectiveness of future IPL sessions?

Also my fear is that the IPL won't work and then I will have to go back to daily tweezing as I have been doing for the last few years. Were you concerned about it not working at the beginning and if it worked for you how long was it before you noticed any imprevement?

It is really getting me down.

Thanks in advance
Dee

danni2016 Wed 11-May-16 07:50:51

Anyone?

Magtheridon Wed 11-May-16 09:00:06

I'm not sure with the Nono but I would persevere with the IPL because I think it's different for each person. I used the IPL and seen next to no changes for the first two months, I'm now into the third month and I can see a big improvement - still not hair free but less hair and comes back slower

danni2016 Wed 11-May-16 10:58:30

Thanks, I was feeling like giving up because after 2 sessions (2 weeks apart) I have seen no shredding, I am having to remove the stubbly hair everyday and my face is red raw. There feels just as much hair there are before I started, in fact it seemsmore but this is maybe to do with the fact I have now completely stopped tweezing so all the hair is growing in.

danni2016 Wed 11-May-16 11:00:41

My second session however was only two days ago, did you see much if any shedding after the first treatment?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now