Hot weather = Grumpy

(4 Posts)
Jmangel Sat 07-May-16 14:23:26

I always feel like this at start of summer weather - no idea what to wear, worried about tummy, what shoes, state of feet (!!), have to start doing fake tan (I'm as white as a ghost and never tan), plus skin gets really oily. Some women just make summer dressing look effortless - it takes a good month or so to get me in my summer stride and I'm feeling grumpy today and just want to stay indoors with curtains closed! Just me?

ShyGirlie Sat 07-May-16 15:38:26

Me!!!

Much prefer a/w clothes. Dark colours. Layers. Boots. TIGHTS!!

DianaT1969 Sat 07-May-16 15:59:44

They make it look effortless, but they put the time in - pedicure/wax/exfoliation/tanning products. I assume they shop early in the season for summer clothes too, or get their last year's clothes out and sorted early.

hiccupgirl Sat 07-May-16 17:53:49

I love the warmer weather. I don't worry about the colour of my legs, just make sure they are shaved. I will be painting my toenails tonight and I've been exfoliating and then moisturising my arms for a few weeks so they look fine too.

I love autumn and winter dressing but I love the sun and warmth too much to stress about having white legs etc. I don't understand the current obsession with fake tan and women feeling their natural colour is unacceptable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now