summer wardrobe for 13 year old

(11 Posts)
roaringwater Fri 06-May-16 17:24:36

Do any of you have 5 minutes to show me anything you have bought / would like to buy for your 13 y.o DD?

Really, really struggling to find anything for mine. She's usually found in either school uniform or a ballet leotard and sweatpants but she can't really wear that every single day..... can she?!?

lamusic Fri 06-May-16 18:08:31

Mine tends to wear denim shorts (new look) and a top similar to this or just a simple top. Primark,New Look, H&M all have good stuff in for this age

Pisssssedofff Fri 06-May-16 18:20:19

I just pick a page on the next directory and order everything off it so it all "goes"

roaringwater Sat 07-May-16 10:53:59

Thanks, all. We must be really unlucky because our H&M and New LOOK each have about 7 items for this age group. Will look at them online.

TwentyOneGuns Sat 07-May-16 14:42:05

I haven't got pics but we did a trip to Westfield last week and got quite a bit for DD which should do her most of the summer:

- various t-shirts and a playsuit from Primark
- loose patterned shorts from New Look
- flat pumps with ankle tie from Deichmann
- flop flops from Accessorise (one of the few adult shops that does XS)
- a floral skort and a sleeveless black waistcoaty thing from Select

She wears what I'd call quite festival style clothes in summer (annoyingly they suit her although I'd look ridiculous!) All the things we bought went together and should also go with the stuff she's got already (eg black jeans, denim jacket) so I'm hoping she won't need much more except maybe a couple of cheap dresses for holiday in August.

We're not usually that lucky but for once she found things that she liked and also which fitted (she's tiny so it can be tricky). Tbh I get most of her stuff from Primark as she grows out of it fairly quickly so I'm not keen to spend much. That said she's also got a few things from Jack Wills and Superdry and although they're much more pricey they do last so for things like hoodies that she'll have a while I don't mind paying.

roaringwater Sat 07-May-16 19:02:13

these sound really nice. My DD likes similar stuff but has the opposite problem (5'5"!)

Agree about more expensive hoodies - her Saltrock one is still going strong even after school residential!

Statelychangers Sat 07-May-16 20:46:04

We clear out her wardrobe - decide what she needs more of/likes to wear, we pick a shop online and she chooses what she wants then we have a bit of a try on when it arrives. We usually buy from Gap, H&M, New Look.....that kind of thing!

gingerbreadmanm Sat 07-May-16 20:48:12

River island have a teen section but id probs be looking at womens size 6 / 8.

Id go for playsuits. Maybe those relaxed trousers a bit like jogging bottoms? Denim shorts and off the shoulder tops. Lots of off the shoulder tops on new look that aren't too grown up for a 13 year old.

naffedoff Sat 07-May-16 20:54:32

My DD is coming up 13 and is into Bardot tops from New Look, worn with skinny jeans (New Look/Primark) or high waisted shorts (New Look). Also, Bardot skater dress (Superdry) and various hoodies (Pink, Hollister, TopShop). Colours are fairly monochrome.

Dancergirl Sun 08-May-16 00:06:22

What do you do about bra straps wirh off the shoulder tops?

naffedoff Sun 08-May-16 08:12:11

Re bra straps with Bardot tops, I got her a couple of multiway bandeau bras from New Look. With strappy vest tops she seems happy for bra straps to be on show.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now