White swimsuit - transparency issues

(7 Posts)
JapaneseSlipper Wed 04-May-16 19:54:20

Hi all!

I bought this swimsuit from asos - www.asos.com/Missguided/Missguided-Swimsuit-With-Cross-Back/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6100635&cid=2238&Rf-200=5&Rf-400=14590&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=White&totalstyles=8&gridsize=3

It looks ok on, like the shape. I also like the idea of a white suit as I plan on getting a spray tan. FOR ONCE I WILL NOT LOOK LIKE THE LAST PACKET OF CHICKEN THIGHS IN THE TESCO FRIDGE.

DH has however pointed out the transparency issue inherent in white swimwear. This is my question. And, apologies as it's a little personal. If I have pale nipples and get a brazilian, would that matter? What do you actually see? Do you actually look naked?

I am a bit clueless but curious to know if I should return this thing!

Fatcakes Wed 04-May-16 19:58:23

I have worn white bikinis. Ok, so long as lining is extra, extra thick.

Frostycake Wed 04-May-16 19:58:56

Is it lined and how thick is the material? It should be designed with this in mind (so double gusset and lined cups). I have one and the only thing you can see is my navel (I have an 'innie') grin

JapaneseSlipper Wed 04-May-16 20:30:48

It is lined, but not in nude which I understand to be preferable. It's not a thick material - it's a fairly cheap suit. But I guess I'm wondering if I could get away with a cheapish one if there's not that much to see, iykwim?

MrsLettuce Wed 04-May-16 21:25:53

here's an example and here.

It's just a question of what you're comfortable with I suppose. The shadows that fall here and there when wearing anything tight, white and unstructured would be more of a potential issue for me than any non-fanny related transparency.

JapaneseSlipper Thu 05-May-16 07:05:51

Thank you!

murphys Thu 05-May-16 07:20:51

Definitely do a trial run before you wear it to the beach for the first time. From the picture, it doesn't look heavily lined.

So, into the bath or shower with it on.

Coming out of the sea, or pool looking completely naked isn't a good look. Sorry.

This goes for any swim suit though. I bought a cheap bright pink one, thank goodness I wore it in my own pool before going out in public wearing it. No lining except for gusset, and yip, I was basically naked getting out.

I am not in the UK. When buying any new swim wear, first thing we do, check if its lined properly wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now