Groucho Marx - Is it normal when you first tint your eyebrows to think "Oh fuck"?

(8 Posts)
NattyGolfJerkin Wed 04-May-16 11:45:09

The shape of my eyebrows is fine but they are fair and a bit sparse, so I got a tinting kit from boots. It was ok but didn't do much so I bought a refectocil kit instead. It worked.

Boy did it work.

It caught all of the blonde hairs and now they look really thick and bushy to me. Gahhhhh. Why did I do it? Tell me they will fade within 24hrs?! PLEASE!

hollinhurst84 Wed 04-May-16 11:51:03

Yes. And yes they will fade!
My salon tints then threads as it gets all the hairs you can't normally see

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 04-May-16 11:53:12

It fades quite quickly but if you want to speed up the process use some Head and Shoulders.

Lollylovesbones Wed 04-May-16 11:53:48

First time I did it I felt as if I had two large and hairy caterpillars walking across my face (too dark a tint). I found scrubbing my eyebrows with washing up liquid faded the effect. I am sure someone will come along with a less harsh method of removal and better advice.

NattyGolfJerkin Wed 04-May-16 12:05:32

Thank you for the reassurances and tips grin.

Note to self, next time go for the lighter shade and/or leave it on for a shorter time.

NattyGolfJerkin Wed 04-May-16 12:06:35

I've used oil based to cleanser to lift the dye from the skin which helped things but the hairs are very dark. I'll try a bit of fairy.

NattyGolfJerkin Wed 04-May-16 12:07:18

DD will piss herself at my idiocy hmm

NattyGolfJerkin Wed 04-May-16 12:21:41

The washing up liquid tip is GENIUS. Thank you. It has taken the edge off sufficiently. Thanks again S&B.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now