my hairdresser told me.... what??? how???

(14 Posts)
TweeBee Tue 03-May-16 12:53:25

Afternoon!
So, my hairdresser told me that 'people often put intensive conditioner on and then go to the gym' when I was lamenting the fact that I have no time for this any more. Does she mean that people shampoo, wash out, apply conditioner and then go? And just rinse out conditioner when they come back? Or can you put conditioner on dry hair?
Does anyone do this?
I thought perhaps if anyone has a similar query they could ask for advice too though I will be as much help as a chocolate teapot.

nothanksbyenow Tue 03-May-16 12:58:11

Wouldn't it, you know, DRIP all over their face/neck/back? I can't imagine doing that!

I am actually looking at a sachet of Nicky Clarke smooth silk treatment (just bought from supermarket) and wondering whether I'll actually get it on my head tonight!! There always seems to be something better to do..

leelou905 Tue 03-May-16 13:01:44

LOL what?! I don't think I ever saw anyone at the gym with conditioner in their hair. Madness.

treaclesoda Tue 03-May-16 13:03:10

I suppose it might work if your hair was very long and you could put it in braids or something?

Believeitornot Tue 03-May-16 13:04:39

I've done this before - before I go for a run. It didn't drip!

ScarletOHaHa Tue 03-May-16 13:05:19

I comb conditioner through and put my hair in a bun or plait. I get a shower in the gym and shampoo the conditioner out.

InternationalHouseofToast Tue 03-May-16 13:13:14

I'd presume they put on an intensive conditioning masque, do exercise then wash and shampoo it out, so it goes on before shampoo, rather than after it.

God knows why you'd do anything other than sit on the sofa with your hair in cling film and a towel though. Maybe the heat from the exercise is supposed to help it work in?

TweeBee Tue 03-May-16 13:22:56

International - I believe beneficial effects of heat were mentioned.
I suppose I could comb some through before I put my hair back...... I've got kettlebells tonight. If I do try I shall report back!
Thanks all. MN to the rescue again!

TweeBee Tue 03-May-16 13:24:24

Nothanks - that's just it! There's so much more to do than stand around with it on in the shower trying to work out how long 3 minutes is! That's why she suggested this.....

Granard Tue 03-May-16 15:26:46

I have long hair and I do this and just pull it back into a pony tail. It's great if I'm going to Fierce Grace.

My hairdresser also recommended recently that I leave the treatment in overnight, which I did at the weekend, and my hair actually dried with it in it. Great condition when I washed it out.

MsAlbertine Tue 03-May-16 16:28:58

When my hair was long and if I was abroad on hols I used to put intensive conditioner through my hair then plait it or it up.

Rinse off at night and it looked fab.

Was a hairdresser who told me to try it.

LordEmsworth Tue 03-May-16 19:08:45

I put it in my hair and go to bed (towel on pillow!). Leaves it really soft & smooth when I wash it out next morning...

DragonRojo Tue 03-May-16 19:17:45

I also put Olaplex on before bed. My hair feels great after washing it in the morning

FuckityByes Tue 03-May-16 19:19:43

Before the gym? I don't believe that for one second. Unless she meant the spray leave-in stuff. I've done intensive conditioner under a headscarf on holiday but never in the gym!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now