Okay, how do I minimise large/open pores

(11 Posts)
Ponymagic Tue 03-May-16 11:29:23

Almost regretting looking closely in the mirror over the last few weeks!! I've never had a problem with pores before bar a few around my nose. Now .... they're spreading put to my cheeks and around my chin. What can I use to minimise or vanquish them? Any recommendations please?

AgathaMystery Tue 03-May-16 17:31:23

I want to know too!

Ponymagic Tue 03-May-16 22:50:10

Any recommendations for miracle products? grin

RabbitSaysWoof Tue 03-May-16 22:56:46

Primer and a mineral powder foundation is better than any liquid foundations for large pores. Mine are massive.

botemp Tue 03-May-16 22:58:46

No miracle products but this technique every fortnight has been life changing and a normal (simple cheap as chips) clay mask 1-2x a week in between keeps pores clear and minimised. BHA (Salicylic Acid) can help too if used a few times a week/daily on its own but it's something you need to build up slowly (once-twice a week). Paula's Choice 2% BHA is good albeit expensive (if it's just the nose area consider getting the travel size) and though not as photosensitising as other acids I would stress using a separate SPF (30 or above) on a daily basis in conjunction with this regardless.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Wed 04-May-16 06:50:47

No 7 pore minimising primer from Boots is very good and does what it says. It's part of their new range.

AyeAmarok Wed 04-May-16 06:57:02

Are they a bit clogged? If so, Clarisonic worked well for me.

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 04-May-16 07:01:11

A lemon.
Cleanse as usual, and then either rub a slice of lemon over the affected area or squeeze the juice into a bowl and apply with cotton wool. Stings like hell, but definitely works!

botemp Wed 04-May-16 07:34:22

Do not use lemon juice on your face! It's highly acidic and can cause chemical burns, not to mention how photosensitive it makes your skin, opening you up to even more damage if you don't religiously use sunscreen. It's pH is way too low to safely use on skin (dilute it with caution if you insist but just get yourself an AHA). Aside from that it'll do nothing for minimising pores, it lightens and brightens at most.

RabbitSaysWoof Wed 04-May-16 11:08:00

Sorry can't link right now but I bought a great cheap primer on Amazon, I used to use smashbox which was £££ but I can't tell the difference using this instead so look around if you are not flush, you don't always have to go to make up counters.

Ponymagic Wed 04-May-16 11:11:34

Thanks all ... shall have a look at your link now botemp. Just got a new primer - advised not to use Benefit Porefessional as it contains silicone and would dry my skin further but ty for that suggestion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now